Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil 8: Echo - Vision Quest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumonji
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harryhausen wrote:
(because, man, I can't take Quesada's art . . . )

Okay, this is off-topic, but I just have to say that I agree with you about Quesada's art. It's way too cartoony for me, and he draws a hideous Matt Murdock. I mean, he's supposed to be fairly attractive, right? With Quesada at the helm, he just looks really weird, although he looks slightly better in Parts of a Hole than during the Guardian Devil arc, I think.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumonji wrote:
harryhausen wrote:

Okay, this is off-topic, but I just have to say that I agree with you about Quesada's art. It's way too cartoony for me, and he draws a hideous Matt Murdock. I mean, he's supposed to be fairly attractive, right? With Quesada at the helm, he just looks really weird, although he looks slightly better in Parts of a Hole than during the Guardian Devil arc, I think.

I can see your point on this, but I do like Quesada's style, so I can accept his more 'rugged' Matt as part of the overall package. His bulky build in the early issues of DD: Father was a little over-the-top, but I eventually realised that that was an intetional stylistic choice which reflected some of the themes of the story.
jumonji
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wallace wrote:
jumonji wrote:
harryhausen wrote:

I can see your point on this, but I do like Quesada's style, so I can accept his more 'rugged' Matt as part of the overall package. His bulky build in the early issues of DD: Father was a little over-the-top, but I eventually realised that that was an intetional stylistic choice which reflected some of the themes of the story.

To each his own, I guess. Smile But I would like to take this opportunity to say that I'm a huge fan of your consistently well-written reviews! While it means going even further off-topic, I just thought I'd let you know.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumonji wrote:
To each his own, I guess. Smile But I would like to take this opportunity to say that I'm a huge fan of your consistently well-written reviews! While it means going even further off-topic, I just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks! Always nice to know someone is reading... Smile
Drazaq
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd add my £0.002 here...

I agree that Quesada's MM is a lil cartoony, and weird looking. However I like his style and art on the whole. It lends itself to brighter colouring techniques, which of course make it easier to read. When I first saw Maleevs work, I was not a fan, although his extended run forced me to grow to like it. It certainly suits the tone of the book. But for me it is often to dark, and indistinct..especially with the fight scenes. I like to be able to discern the blows being exchanged, not just a blur of colour(dark) and motion.
I had a similar problem with the Secret War, where it was all so dark, and to my mind..nothing much happened!

Just my £0.02 though.. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: