Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

So here's what I think...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAG
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: So here's what I think... Reply with quote

The greatest thing about Daredevil is the heart and the sacrifice. The second best thing about it is the cool factor; his moves and his powers are awesome. So why should we insist on a legitimate Daredevil flick being "brought to life". It seems to me like some good things are being done with animation right now, especially since Sin City and more specificaly, Beowulf, and maybe even Justice League. What I think needs to be done, is a Daredevil script (not necessarily an origin story at all...) that's got all the character a movie could have--i mean, really character driven--combined with all the gritty beauty that Bendis/Maleev brought to the book. It could be "animated", or even using real people like Beowulf and JLA is doing, and end up ebing exactly what we're looking for. You get the beauty and the guts of Daredevil in a full-length picture.
Seems to me that the biggest cues should be taken from what's happening with Batman. There you have a take on him that's got all the "cool factor" of Batman, but it could almost not be a superhero movie, and it would still be great. Do the same thing with Daredevil, except do it with beautiful visuals and give the audience a really insightful sense of his abilities, and how they correspond to him as a character. I guess the problem, as indicated on other boards, is the "B" rank that has been given to Daredevil in the genre. People like him, but he's not on as many lunchboxes. Hopefully that gets overcome, budgets catch up with technlogy, and someone has the sense to make a real flick, instead of something popcorn. And my vote for the lead role would be a newcomer--someone we haven't seen before with the intensity and seriousness Bale has brought to Batman, with the added youthfulness and cockiness of Matthew Murcock.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go for that. As the special effects get better and better, there is bound to eventually be a good script come along for a really good DD movie. I'll be waiting.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MWOF
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with you, mostly. I have stated, in another thread on this forum regarding this topic, that the best approach to springboard a successful Daredevil franchise is to utilize the direct to DVD animated features Marvel is producing with Lionsgate Entertainment. These are not subjected to the scrutiny of TV execs and have a more open format to tell a more true to form Daredevil tale. I would also love to see an HBO like animated Daredevil series or even better yet a live action Daredevil TV series. Think about it. What are the most popular shows on TV now and have been for the last few years? CSI, NYPD Blue, Law and Order, Boston Legal, Heroes etc..... Are you seeing where I am going with this? All of the elements of DD that could be rolled into one, plus one. (a little Foggy humor there:) So, why can't there be a successful Daredevil TV show. It's easy, there can be. They are already producing them. Combine all of those successful story elements and add the legend that is Daredevil and you would have an even more successful show.

Imagine having all of this and then a New Daredevil motion picture, a la Batman begins, produced by Marvel instead of Fox Studios. We feasibly could have Daredevil everywhere, including luchboxes. Wink

Kevin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Born Again
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beowulf? Unimpressed. Animation was very obvious. The tech's not good enough yet.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far the only Marvel animated movie I've liked so far is the first Ultimate Avengers movie. The second one was saddled with too much Black Panther stuff that really didn't interest me.

They changed too much with Iron Man. The Mandarin was a completely different character than the comics, which makes you wonder why they didn't just call the character something different. I much prefered the Iron Man animated series from the nineties to this.

With Dr. Strange they added way too many characters, and I found it very boring.

Having said that, I would be in favour of an animated Daredevil movie. These animators certainly know what their doing, but I don't want the writers making needless changes to comics continuity that works so well already, or needlessly adding characters that never existed previously.
bgrd
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of redoing the Daredevil movie with an unknown (preferably a redhead). It may sound odd but as a kid one of the things that drew me to the Daredevil character was the fact that he was a redhead. There just aren't many redheaded superheroes. One of the things the Daredevil movie made me realize is Ben Aflec is a bad actor.
bgrd
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, in the movie they should work in the song "New York City" by the Cult which has Hell's kitchen in it repeatedly and rocks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: