Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

a new DD movie planned ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the gael
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: a new DD movie planned ? Reply with quote

it was posted yesterday on superherohype :

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=7656

" Though Fox has no plans for a major overhaul, the studio has scheduled a strategy meeting to assess the status of its superheroes, a group sorely missed this summer. On the agenda, Fox will mull the possibility of more "X-Men" spinoffs, including a young-X-Men project as well as "Deadpool," based on a character played by Ryan Reynolds in "Wolverine." The studio is even considering reviving the "Daredevil" property. "

Did they really want a restart of the DD franchise ?
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: a new DD movie planned ? Reply with quote

the gael wrote:
it was posted yesterday on superherohype :
Did they really want a restart of the DD franchise ?

Sure. I mean we've been told all along that there was no chance whatsoever of another DD movie. By the same people that said their was no chance whatsoever of a Daredevil Directors Cut. It's almost inevitable. Heh.
Jim B.
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for a new DD movie as long as it's a reboot of the character like they did with Punisher and Batman. If it worked for them hey it could work for DD right? I hope so anyways...

If they tried to continue from the first ones storyline it would be just too much of a mess lets face it.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quote is "The studio is EVEN considering reviving the "Daredevil" property. " As is "They're so desperate they're considering doing ridiculous things. For example reviving the super dead Daredevil property".

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim B. wrote:
If they tried to continue from the first ones storyline it would be just too much of a mess lets face it.

Oh, yeah, the whole "being wanted for murder" because of a crime scene in which the wanted vigilante willingly implicated himself just so he could be "clever" (or was that MSJ being clever without thinking?) kind of kills a DD sequel. At least a sequel which doesn't seem like the Punisher instead of DD.

Perhaps, in a few years they will come back to the DD franchise which has been dead since the Elektra film. Maybe Marvel can get the rights back. And, do the only decent thing and reboot the whole thing (like Hulk, heck they (WB) are even talking about rebooting Superman becase of Singer's folly). God knows, Daredevil deserves better. Reboot, and give the boot to MSJ, Affleck and Garner. And, for heaven's sake, don't let Frank Miller do it or he'll have Jason what's-his-name be Daredevil. Rolling Eyes
SK47
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with rgj, a new Daredevil movie will not happen anytime soon.
I see this happening, obviously Wolverine will make Fox money and they will spin-off the Gambit & Deadpool characters, and go ahead with the Magneto project.
Daredevil will be left alone. Also, the article states that they are even 'considering' and that there are no immediate plans to change things up at Fox. It's just one rough summer.

However, maybe with Daredevil being a loss property, Marvel can buy back the rights. But, again, no Daredevil anytime soon.

The whole Daredevil situation is a shame, really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: