Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil #112 8pg Preview at Newsarama **SPOILERS!**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Daredevil #112 8pg Preview at Newsarama **SPOILERS!** Reply with quote

SPOILERS!

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=23210

Last edited by Kuljit Mithra on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
jumonji
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***SPOILERS***
(Since it wasn't advertised in the topic title, though implied)

I was way off in thinking that Matt/Dakota wouldn't be addressed this issue. Or maybe I'm not that far off since it's not really addressed so much as Dakota freaking out.

I'm a little surprised by Matt's arrest considering that he was legally cleared of all the old Daredevil charges. On the other hand, who else are they going to arrest? I'm convinced this one will clear up pretty soon though since it's a bogus charge and Matt has an alibi in Dakota (okay I suddenly imagine Foggy finding out about the affair and being appropriately pissed at Matt's atrociously poor judgement).

I'm not really crazy about the faded colors in the flashback sequences in Japan, but I like the Lady B set-up so far and it's really nice to see Michael Lark's take on Skrullektra. I really do like how Bru uses a major Marvel event in Daredevil without sucking the book into the bigger plotlines of Secret Invasion (which to me seems like an event that is sinking like a stone, and fast, and shouldn't have anything to do with this title anyway). Nods to a shared universe are good though and I'm looking forward to seeing Iron Fist and Black Tarantula in this arc. And, it's always nice to see the always under-exposed Wolverine finally show up outside his own book. Wink
FatalRose
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumonji wrote:
***SPOILERS***
(Since it wasn't advertised in the topic title, though implied)

I was way off in thinking that Matt/Dakota wouldn't be addressed this issue. Or maybe I'm not that far off since it's not really addressed so much as Dakota freaking out.

I'm a little surprised by Matt's arrest considering that he was legally cleared of all the old Daredevil charges. On the other hand, who else are they going to arrest? I'm convinced this one will clear up pretty soon though since it's a bogus charge and Matt has an alibi in Dakota (okay I suddenly imagine Foggy finding out about the affair and being appropriately pissed at Matt's atrociously poor judgement).

I'm not really crazy about the faded colors in the flashback sequences in Japan, but I like the Lady B set-up so far and it's really nice to see Michael Lark's take on Skrullektra. I really do like how Bru uses a major Marvel event in Daredevil without sucking the book into the bigger plotlines of Secret Invasion (which to me seems like an event that is sinking like a stone, and fast, and shouldn't have anything to do with this title anyway). Nods to a shared universe are good though and I'm looking forward to seeing Iron Fist and Black Tarantula in this arc. And, it's always nice to see the always under-exposed Wolverine finally show up outside his own book. Wink

L0L

Anyways so far this issue seems awesome. I am glad to have Black Tarantula back, I was so excited when I saw him talking to matt in Prison and now we have Bru continuing to do the character justice.
Gloria
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumonji wrote:
I'm a little surprised by Matt's arrest considering that he was legally cleared of all the old Daredevil charges. On the other hand, who else are they going to arrest? I'm convinced this one will clear up pretty soon though since it's a bogus charge and Matt has an alibi in Dakota (okay I suddenly imagine Foggy finding out about the affair and being appropriately pissed at Matt's atrociously poor judgement)

I had similar thoughts: if Matt has been officially cleared from being DD... Why should the police arrest him? unless they take him to ask him if he knows DD's whereabouts. I wonder if Mike Murdock might just appear to save the day Wink

As for Foggy... Lord knows that I'm no fan of Guardian Devil, but back then Foggy had been arrested as a result of what happened when he cheated on Liz Allan, and Matt was ready to defend him. So Matt being arrested after having cheated makes for an interesting reverse situation. My guess is that Foggy will be more understanding than we are expecting.

jumonji wrote:
And, it's always nice to see the always under-exposed Wolverine finally show up outside his own book. Wink

RMLAO

Maybe this appearance will boost readers' interest in Logan and Marvel will give him yet another collection to star in. Razz

"Para la cuesta arriba quiero mi burro, que la cuesta abajo yo me la subo"
blacktyphoid
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumonji wrote:
***SPOILERS***

Bru depicted the response from the woman's point of view. Whereas, last issue, he showed it from the man's pov.

That said, I was hoping for something a little less obvious in Dakota's response to her actions. Like Matt, she comes to grips with the fact he's a married man whose wife is in a mental institution and acknowledges she did a bad/wrong thing - it's kind of par for the course.

Although Matt acnkowledges he did a wrong thing, he at least admitted that he doesn't feel as bad about it as he should. I give him credit for his two-sided feelings. I wish Dakota would have taken it a step further, too - and shown a different side. Yeah, it's wrong - but it felt so right, or Matt's a great lover (or lousy lover), or something like that.

jumonji wrote:
I'm a little surprised by Matt's arrest considering that he was legally cleared of all the old Daredevil charges. On the other hand, who else are they going to arrest? I'm convinced this one will clear up pretty soon though since it's a bogus charge and Matt has an alibi in Dakota

I think you bring up an excellent plot development. Perhaps as much as each participant would like this little affair to go away, it must now be made public for all to see in order to save Matt from arrest. As a result of this exposure, maybe somewhere down the line, this will get back to Milla.

Lucrezia
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
wish Dakota would have taken it a step further, too - and shown a different side. Yeah, it's wrong - but it felt so right, or Matt's a great lover (or lousy lover), or something like that.

I agree, it would have been nice having her justify her actions by saying 'I didn't do anything wrong...after all I'm not married. He is.' or 'Man, I should stick to these younger married man instead fat old fashion designers.'

Then it could be followed up by her doing a line of coke. That would have really caped off her new reputation as a homewrecker.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about having her dancing naked in a satanic mass while we're at it?
Lucrezia
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:

No, no, no. She should video tape herself naked on Matt's bed and then send it to Milla!
jumonji
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucrezia wrote:
Francesco wrote:

No, no, no. She should video tape herself naked on Matt's bed and then send it to Milla!

Yes, sending a video tape to a blind woman... That would really make an impression. Wink
Lucrezia
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumonji wrote:
Lucrezia wrote:
Francesco wrote:

Yes, sending a video tape to a blind woman... That would really make an impression. Wink

As long as it 'close captioned'. Surprised . Along with the scitilating dialgue that says 'Guess who's sleeping in my bed! He's mine now you biatch!'
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've come up with another alternative.
Have a scene where Matt returns home after having cleared the misconception with the police, and finds Dakota in an awkward position against a wall, one hand bolted to the wall with a large nail, and a hammer in the other hand, and she says:

"Say, Matt, could you give me a hand here? I was trying to crucify myself, and ...um... I realized I can't do it on my own."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: