Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Your help needed for random DD facts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumonji
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:
Nice stuff, but #10 is debatable.

Actually, I think #10 is one of those things that creators have often missed (sort of like #11, by the way Wink), but I believe that the traditional portrayal of the character is as a south paw. I guess you could argue that, like many left-handed people, he's relatively ambidextrous. Suits me better than blaming sloppy continuity.

Nice list, blacktyphoid!
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt's left handed? Since when? I don't doubt it's true but I'm just surprised that I never knew that.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But in fact he isn't. I thought so too, but I saw several examples of him using his right hand to write.
blacktyphoid
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
Also in regards to #1, the Hulk debuted in his own comic, but maybe he's not regarded as a superhero?

Hmmm, okay...Let's say Marvel's first COSTUMED superhero.

Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another factoid: There was a time DD's Billy-club was equipped with high potency mortar projectiles.
blacktyphoid
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:
Another factoid: There was a time DD's Billy-club was equipped with high potency mortar projectiles.

...and vitamin pills!

james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:
But in fact he isn't. I thought so too, but I saw several examples of him using his right hand to write.

But is there ever a point in the book where he's referred to as left handed?

Why aren't you laughing?
blacktyphoid
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacktyphoid wrote:

7) No less than four of DD's girl friends have died: Elektra, Heather Glenn, Glorianna O'Breen and Karen Page. Two others have been tortured: Black Widow and Milla Donovan.

One modification to add to this point, so that it now reads as follows:

7) No less than four of DD's girl friends have died: Elektra, Heather Glenn, Glorianna O'Breen and Karen Page. Two others have been tortured: Black Widow and Milla Donovan. And one girl friend tortured him: Typhoid Mary Walker.

Dash
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With his super senses, I'm pretty sure he's ambidextrous.

What's Matt Murdock's middle name? I tried looking it up but couldn't find it.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael.
Dash
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. yeah...

whats that from though?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My DD-fu is a little rusty, but I think early Miller's run.
blacktyphoid
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Francesco wrote:

No. I don't think so. At least I haven't seen it. I base my statement on evidence that is far more circumstantial. Here it is:

In Westerns, right handed gunslingers always drew their weapons from holsters on their right thigh. In a gunfight, it made no sense for a right handed gunslinger to have to reach around his body to grab a gun strapped to his left thigh. By the time he tries, he dies. There's a natural anatomical connection: right hand = right thigh.

On that iconic, first ever Kirby/Everett cover of DD vol. 1, no. 1, it clearly shows Daredevil's left hand reaching into a holster strapped to his left thigh to grab his billy club. To me, that demonstrates that Daredevil, right from the get-go, was intended to be a left handed superhero. Left hand = left thigh - like the gunslinger, that's the quickest, easiest way to grab his billy club. And for a superhero who spends a disproportionate amount of his time travelling across New York on his billly club, he's got to be quick or he dies.

Therefore - and Kuljit take note of this point - Daredevil was unique for TWO physically-related reasons:

1) he has an impairment (blind)
2) he's left handed.

Any rate, that's my theory.

james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacktyphoid wrote:
james castle wrote:
Francesco wrote:

No. I don't think so. At least I haven't seen it. I base my statement on evidence that is far more circumstantial. Here it is:

In Westerns, right handed gunslingers always drew their weapons from holsters on their right thigh. In a gunfight, it made no sense for a right handed gunslinger to have to reach around his body to grab a gun strapped to his left thigh. By the time he tries, he dies. There's a natural anatomical connection: right hand = right thigh.

On that iconic, first ever Kirby/Everett cover of DD vol. 1, no. 1, it clearly shows Daredevil's left hand reaching into a holster strapped to his left thigh to grab his billy club. To me, that demonstrates that Daredevil, right from the get-go, was intended to be a left handed superhero. Left hand = left thigh - like the gunslinger, that's the quickest, easiest way to grab his billy club. And for a superhero who spends a disproportionate amount of his time travelling across New York on his billly club, he's got to be quick or he dies.

Therefore - and Kuljit take note of this point - Daredevil was unique for TWO physically-related reasons:

2) he's left handed.

Errr. I thought it was Random Daredevil Facts, not Random Daredevil Theories People Have Based on Very Little Evidence.

Why aren't you laughing?
blacktyphoid
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
blacktyphoid wrote:
james castle wrote:
Francesco wrote:

2) he's left handed.

Errr. I thought it was Random Daredevil Facts, not Random Daredevil Theories People Have Based on Very Little Evidence.

For a change, try to add something constructive to a dialogue, rather than acting like a **** moron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: