Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Elektra: The Hand and The Devil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to the production values, the stunts and even the acting I think they were all great. They were definately in the "way better than I could possibly ever do" catagory which is the standard by which anything fan made should be judged.

Still, I take issue with the story. It's all well and good to want to take some creative license and make the point you want to make but it really is akin to having Hamlet survive at the end. Or making a Batman fanfilm where his parents show up and it turns out they just faked their death in order to punk Bruce.

Bullseye kills Elektra. Check. The Hand resurrect Elektra. Nope. And she comes back as zombie lady (nope) who thinks she still works for the Kingpin (nope) but is saved (nope) by Matt (nope) when he takes off his mask (?).

blinky500 wrote:

But with the her fight with Daredevil, that's where I took the creative liscense. I wanted to do something simple and to the point, the point was that love conquers all.

You see, the problem is that the point you wanted to make is about the exact opposite point that's made in the comics. It's like Superman punches heads off children for fun.

Quote:
And Elektra and Mat are always connected. Also I think it was a little closer to the source material when in comparrison to the Hollywood Elektra and Daredevil films.

Since you made up an entirely new plot line entirely unconnected to the source material I'm not sure how your piece is "closer" to the source material than anything else. If Foggy showed up and beat Elektra to death it would have been just as close to the source material.

Anyway, nerdy story gripes aside I say good job.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well is it not true that in the comics the hand tried to resurrect elektra? cause i remember seeing that. i guess if anything, you can equate my return of elektra to where she might fit better into an ultimate's story line. i dont know if she was killed in ultimates or not, but i think this would fit better into it. also, if a newer dd movie were to ever be made, i see this as a possible alternate storyline to how she comes back. also, i think this is how miller might have done it if he ever intended to bring elektra back. i know he wanted her dead for the longest time, and my knowledge of the marvel universe is not as vast as my knowledge of the dcu.

in any case, i think this makes for a better short story line than the extensive and confusing story they gave her in the comics. but thats just me talking.

also as a dd and elektra fan, i would have personally prefered it to be this way. i like the idea of soulmates and how people are and always will be connected through love and experience. so i think this is a little more sweet.

am i making any sense?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to have an autographed photograph of Ms Santiago in costume?
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely. you can email kim through her myspace at:

www.myspace.com/kns117
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinky500 wrote:
absolutely. you can email kim through her myspace at:

www.myspace.com/kns117

Could you send her a message for me? I'm not registered to myspace.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinky500 wrote:
well is it not true that in the comics the hand tried to resurrect elektra? cause i remember seeing that. i guess if anything, you can equate my return of elektra to where she might fit better into an ultimate's story line. i dont know if she was killed in ultimates or not, but i think this would fit better into it. also, if a newer dd movie were to ever be made, i see this as a possible alternate storyline to how she comes back. also, i think this is how miller might have done it if he ever intended to bring elektra back. i know he wanted her dead for the longest time, and my knowledge of the marvel universe is not as vast as my knowledge of the dcu.

Good to see you researched your piece so well. The assertion that "this is how miller might have done it" is, pardon my french, ridiculous.

Quote:

in any case, i think this makes for a better short story line than the extensive and confusing story they gave her in the comics. but thats just me talking.

You can't be serious.

Quote:

also as a dd and elektra fan, i would have personally prefered it to be this way. i like the idea of soulmates and how people are and always will be connected through love and experience. so i think this is a little more sweet.

am i making any sense?

No. As a true Hamlet fan I would have personally preferred that, at the end of the play, Hamlet blast into space and meet up with Luke and Han Solo. I think that would be a little more cool.

Look, I hate to crap all over your movie (even though I think everything except the story is great) but comon. You come on a DD message board and proclaim that your "story line" is better than that in the comics, that Frank Miller (Frank Miller for god's sake) probably would have done it this way and that as a fan of Daredevil you would have rather Daredevil had been told your way than the way it was. And this is when you're "story" is a childish "love conquers all" thing? And while pointing out that you don't really know that much about Daredevil to the point where you confuse the 616 and Ultimate versions? Comon.

Why aren't you laughing?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No. As a true Hamlet fan I would have personally preferred that, at the end of the play, Hamlet blast into space and meet up with Luke and Han Solo. I think that would be a little more cool.

Quote:

Or making a Batman fanfilm where his parents show up and it turns out they just faked their death in order to punk Bruce.

Quote:
If Foggy showed up and beat Elektra to death it would have been just as close to the source material.

Quote:
It's like if someone made a fan film of Hamlet and at the end everyone had a party and then a pillow fight.

Damnit, James. You have a hidden talent. I would totally watch every single one of those.

Quote:
And this is when you're "story" is a childish "love conquers all" thing?

Yeah. I'll believe that only if and when I'm getting my autograph.
jumonji
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Look, I hate to crap all over your movie (even though I think everything except the story is great) but comon. You come on a DD message board and proclaim that your "story line" is better than that in the comics, that Frank Miller (Frank Miller for god's sake) probably would have done it this way and that as a fan of Daredevil you would have rather Daredevil had been told your way than the way it was. And this is when you're "story" is a childish "love conquers all" thing? And while pointing out that you don't really know that much about Daredevil to the point where you confuse the 616 and Ultimate versions? Comon.

Where did you get all that? That's not what he said.
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i looked up how elektra was brought back and i felt it a little contribed. apparently daredevil performed a resurrection? since when was he a voodoo priest?

also, get off the hamlet anaylogy.

if it will make you feel better, the next time i see miller, i will show him my film and get a direct opinion from him.

with the budget constraints and convuluted storyline marvel has with having new writers on titles every couple of months, i would like to think that if one person stayed on the story of elektra's resurrection (miller) and finally decided to resurrect the character on his own, i think this how he would have done it.

this is my opinion, just as your hamlet thing is your opinion. so im not trying to debate things with you, i just feel that if there was to be a rewrite to the elektra daredevil backstory, this might be a cool cleaner way to handle things.

also fransesco, kim will be happy to hook you up with an autography, just pm me and i will give you the proper information.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinky500 wrote:
i would like to think that if one person stayed on the story of elektra's resurrection (miller) and finally decided to resurrect the character on his own, i think this how he would have done it.

Okay, so it's your opinion. But what are you basing this opinion on? Miller's Elektra Lives Again in which Elektra kinda comes back (but not really) and fights naked ninja zombies while Matt kills someone with his mind? Or maybe it's Miller's Man Without Fear in which, after they make love, Elektra, instead of giving Matt a necklace, tells Matt that she killed four people that day (which she did! a couple with her bare hands!). Or maybe you're basing it on Miller's Elektra Assassin. Surely the Elektra presented there would drop her weapons and get all weepy over true love.

Just cuz I'm curious though, if Miller did stay on and bring Elektra back (even though he always wanted her to stay dead) do you think he would actually have a shot of Elektra and Matt playing with a dog or is that just something you added?

Hahahahahahaha.

Why aren't you laughing?
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know miller was dead set on elektra staying dead, but shes back so i figured this is how me might have done it. im not saying im an official spokesman on what miller would do, im just guessing. as far as the dog is concerned, that was a happy memory. maybe matt had a seeing eye dog, i dont know. i just thought it was funny.

you are really anal about this.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw it. Hey, I'm not going to blast it, it is what it is, but congrats to blinky on getting three adults to do this. Good job blinky. And, really, I liked this fan film better than MSJ's garbage.

Now, it's obvious that in an Elektra Saga Daredevil film, you MUST include a "stabbed Elektra goes to see Matt, the one and only man who ever loved her, before she dies scene." And, the flashbacks as she is walking to him is a MUST! And, you did that. Kudos to you. But, the song?? Oh, my. Everyone knows that the Elektra-walks-to-Matt-dying-scene song should be, no, MUST BE, Coldplay's The Scientist. Seriously, you should know that. Cameron Crowe, the master of the film song, would have known. Razz
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sue me. i didnt know. i like flyleaf better.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinky500 wrote:
i know miller was dead set on elektra staying dead, but shes back so i figured this is how me might have done it. im not saying im an official spokesman on what miller would do, im just guessing. as far as the dog is concerned, that was a happy memory. maybe matt had a seeing eye dog, i dont know. i just thought it was funny.

you are really anal about this.

If by "anal" you mean "has read a comic written by Frank Miller" then guilty as charged.

Why aren't you laughing?
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they warned me about you. you're a troublemaker arent you?

look, youre not the only person in the world who has read miller dd, nor are you the authority on how things should be interpreted. i made my movie the way i think it can be the most easily digested, if you cant handle it because its not 110% accurate to the comics, well then you by definition might be a little anal.

do you loathe and despise the dd feature film? or for that matter alll comic films? because every single comic film has taken some form of creative liberty in telling their stories.

example- who the hell is rachael dawes in the comics?

since when was joker responsible for harvey's disfigurement?

When did sue storm become hispanic?

at what point did wolverine grow from 5'2 to 6'3?

i thought tony stark was in the vietnam war.

i thought frank castle was in the vietnam war too.

since when was elektra resurrected by general zod?

seriously, if you get stuck on all these details, you will never be able to enjoy anything.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: