Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Elektra: The Hand and The Devil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know miller was dead set on elektra staying dead, but shes back so i figured this is how me might have done it. im not saying im an official spokesman on what miller would do, im just guessing. as far as the dog is concerned, that was a happy memory. maybe matt had a seeing eye dog, i dont know. i just thought it was funny.

you are really anal about this.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw it. Hey, I'm not going to blast it, it is what it is, but congrats to blinky on getting three adults to do this. Good job blinky. And, really, I liked this fan film better than MSJ's garbage.

Now, it's obvious that in an Elektra Saga Daredevil film, you MUST include a "stabbed Elektra goes to see Matt, the one and only man who ever loved her, before she dies scene." And, the flashbacks as she is walking to him is a MUST! And, you did that. Kudos to you. But, the song?? Oh, my. Everyone knows that the Elektra-walks-to-Matt-dying-scene song should be, no, MUST BE, Coldplay's The Scientist. Seriously, you should know that. Cameron Crowe, the master of the film song, would have known. Razz
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sue me. i didnt know. i like flyleaf better.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinky500 wrote:
i know miller was dead set on elektra staying dead, but shes back so i figured this is how me might have done it. im not saying im an official spokesman on what miller would do, im just guessing. as far as the dog is concerned, that was a happy memory. maybe matt had a seeing eye dog, i dont know. i just thought it was funny.

you are really anal about this.

If by "anal" you mean "has read a comic written by Frank Miller" then guilty as charged.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they warned me about you. you're a troublemaker arent you?

look, youre not the only person in the world who has read miller dd, nor are you the authority on how things should be interpreted. i made my movie the way i think it can be the most easily digested, if you cant handle it because its not 110% accurate to the comics, well then you by definition might be a little anal.

do you loathe and despise the dd feature film? or for that matter alll comic films? because every single comic film has taken some form of creative liberty in telling their stories.

example- who the hell is rachael dawes in the comics?

since when was joker responsible for harvey's disfigurement?

When did sue storm become hispanic?

at what point did wolverine grow from 5'2 to 6'3?

i thought tony stark was in the vietnam war.

i thought frank castle was in the vietnam war too.

since when was elektra resurrected by general zod?

seriously, if you get stuck on all these details, you will never be able to enjoy anything.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, as a matter of fact, loathe the DD film. Given that it seems to be the majority of your exposure to DD I suppose that's probably where we disagree. I like how you note that you used "the Devil" (as opposed to "Daredevil") because it sounds cooler. I'd've thought it was just a straight rip from the film but I guess I'd've been wrong.

As for the other movies you mention: I have various opinions of all those things but given that they're actually movies as opposed to youtube featurettes I'm not entirely clear as to what the relevance is.

Look, my main point is just that you seem brutally unfamilar with Daredevil (hint: he didn't resurrect Elektra in the comics). That's why my first comment was "fans but fans of what?". Clearly not DD comic fans because you don't even know what the comics entail. How you interpret and then re-interpret something without having actually read it is beyond me. You don't see me trying to interpret Hamlet without having read it.

You saw the DD movie, you liked the burning DD symbol, you found someone who was willing to wear the Elektra costume and you filmed a skit on your digital camera. Let's not all freak out at once.

PS Who warned you about me? What did they say? Was it rgj because he's a liar.

Why aren't you laughing?
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.

1. get off the hamlet thing, you sound like a broken record.

2. i am familiar with the dd comics, obviously im not as obssesive as you are. but my knowledge goes beyond the film.

3. you seriously are a very anally angry person. you would rather sit at home and bitch about every single little detail thats wrong with a fan film than just be happy that there was someone out there who loved the character enough to try and make something out of it.

now i know youre going to respond to that last statement with either another hamlet reference or a i didnt love the characters enough to stay loyal to the comics comment, but regardless, i guess i love the characters more than you cause i got off my ass and tried to make something out of it. despite its minor, and yes i think they are minor inaccuracies, i think i did a damn good job at telling an elektra story. and though i may have amalgamated a few concepts, it does not change the fact that i tried to do something that in many ways is better than the hollywood movie.

you my friend need to be introduced to a little thing called prosac and start taking things more easily. hell, youre in canada, thats ike the most relaxed country on this continent.

so again, i stand by my beliefs on this one, "You're out of your element Donnie!"
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, blinky, just give The Scientist a shot. Mute the scene and play the song. It would be the pièce de résistance to your film.

Oh, and Iay, oldtay ouyay aboutay amesjay astlecay. Ebay arefulcay. Ehay isay eanmay!!!
Dash
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinky500 wrote:
ok.

...it does not change the fact that i tried to do something that in many ways is better than the hollywood movie.

uhh.

I wouldn't go that far.

Quote:
2. Why did everyone call DD the devil? Cause it was cool. That's all. I just thought it sounded more cryptic than Daredevil. I figure the only people who call DD by his full name are American villains liked Kingpin or Bullseye. Someone like Elektra or the resurrectionist would instead call him, the devil because they lack that informal relationship, if that makes any sense.

....Perhaps I'm not up on my copyright laws or if this movie even qualifies. But everybody saying "the Devil" got extremely annoying. Come on. They could use Elektra's name. So why not Matt Murdock, Daredevil, Bullseye. Something. It wasn't artsy, it wasn't adding to the mystery or the story. It was just annoying.

and to add. Elektra would research her target. She's an assassin. And besides, every one in New York knows who Daredevil is. But I'd imagine if you're going to kill someone, you'd find out what their name actually is.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, let's pile on a little,

What I didn't get from the "story" was that the Hand, upon resurrecting Elektra (via, a guy playing kung-fu with a stick), told her to "continue her mission." Elektra later said her mission was to kill DD as per Kingpin's orders. Now, why would the Hand resurrect Elektra for the purposes of following Kingpin's orders??
Dash
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly, you almost made the "plot" feel plausible by trying to debunk it.

Apparently the "hand" wants "the Devil" killed. But why? As far as I know the movie offers no explanation other than thats how it was made.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:

What I didn't get from the "story" was that the Hand, upon resurrecting Elektra (via, a guy playing kung-fu with a stick), told her to "continue her mission." Elektra later said her mission was to kill DD as per Kingpin's orders. Now, why would the Hand resurrect Elektra for the purposes of following Kingpin's orders??

Because that's how Frank Miller would have written it. Aren't you paying attention? Movieboy said that he'd show Miller his "movie" the next time he saw him. Implying, of course, that movieboy already knows Frank. Thou shalt not doubt movieboy. His parents bought him a camera. Therefore he is a massive fan of everything he shoots with that camera.

Why aren't you laughing?
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the hand not an enemy of daredevil? cause last i checked i thought they were. so its like killing 2 birds with one stone.

as for the devil liner- i answered that already.

as for elektra not researching matt was dd, perhaps im a little foggy on things, but didnt she not know that matt was dd when miller wrote it? i was kind of playing off that. i believe it was bullseye who found out matt was dd when he followed elektra to matt's house.

again, i might be a little foggy on things, but thats what i remember.

anyhoo, i think you guys are trying to read too much into something that isnt there. there is no hidden secret to the movie, its like episode 4 of star wars. you come in at the middle. thats about it.
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
rgj wrote:

Because that's how Frank Miller would have written it. Aren't you paying attention? Movieboy said that he'd show Miller his "movie" the next time he saw him. Implying, of course, that movieboy already knows Frank. Thou shalt not doubt movieboy. His parents bought him a camera. Therefore he is a massive fan of everything he shoots with that camera.

you sir are a douche. you dont know anything about me, where i come from, what i do for a living or even how old i am.

im going to ask you stop being well.... yourself and try being a little bit less of well..... a douche. my name is Chris .R. Notarile, if you want to look me up sometime and learn more about me, feel free. otherwise, stop making condescendingly presumptuous statements about me. move on, go outside and take some of that prosac we were talking about before.

chris

ps- when i talk to frank next, and believe me, i will, ill ask him his thoughts and take the good and the bad with whatever he says.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinky wrote:
is the hand not an enemy of daredevil? cause last i checked i thought they were. so its like killing 2 birds with one stone.

It was never Elektra's mission to kill Matt in the comic. And, the KP never told Elektra to kill DD. So, I guess I'll have to wait for your prequel to sort this plot line out.

Quote:
as for the devil liner- i answered that already.

Just for the record, Miller had characters refer to DD as "the Devil." I remember reading the letters page where some people were annoyed with it. Miller soon stopped afterward.

Quote:
as for elektra not researching matt was dd, perhaps im a little foggy on things, but didnt she not know that matt was dd when miller wrote it? i was kind of playing off that. i believe it was bullseye who found out matt was dd when he followed elektra to matt's house.

You're way past foggy. In Elektra's first issue she found out Matt was DD. So, that's why it's a little confusing, your movie I mean. But, agian this is your DD universe, I'll await your prequel where it is established, contrary to the comic, which is fine, I guess, that Elektra doesn't know Matt is DD.

Quote:
again, i might be a little foggy on things, but thats what i remember.

You remember incorrectly.

Quote:
anyhoo, i think you guys are trying to read too much into something that isnt there. there is no hidden secret to the movie, its like episode 4 of star wars. you come in at the middle. thats about it.

Ah, in medias res, like . . . Hamlet. Hmm.

r.g.j
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: