Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Elektra: The Hand and The Devil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dash
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly, you almost made the "plot" feel plausible by trying to debunk it.

Apparently the "hand" wants "the Devil" killed. But why? As far as I know the movie offers no explanation other than thats how it was made.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:

What I didn't get from the "story" was that the Hand, upon resurrecting Elektra (via, a guy playing kung-fu with a stick), told her to "continue her mission." Elektra later said her mission was to kill DD as per Kingpin's orders. Now, why would the Hand resurrect Elektra for the purposes of following Kingpin's orders??

Because that's how Frank Miller would have written it. Aren't you paying attention? Movieboy said that he'd show Miller his "movie" the next time he saw him. Implying, of course, that movieboy already knows Frank. Thou shalt not doubt movieboy. His parents bought him a camera. Therefore he is a massive fan of everything he shoots with that camera.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the hand not an enemy of daredevil? cause last i checked i thought they were. so its like killing 2 birds with one stone.

as for the devil liner- i answered that already.

as for elektra not researching matt was dd, perhaps im a little foggy on things, but didnt she not know that matt was dd when miller wrote it? i was kind of playing off that. i believe it was bullseye who found out matt was dd when he followed elektra to matt's house.

again, i might be a little foggy on things, but thats what i remember.

anyhoo, i think you guys are trying to read too much into something that isnt there. there is no hidden secret to the movie, its like episode 4 of star wars. you come in at the middle. thats about it.
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
rgj wrote:

What I didn't get from the "story" was that the Hand, upon resurrecting Elektra (via, a guy playing kung-fu with a stick), told her to "continue her mission." Elektra later said her mission was to kill DD as per Kingpin's orders. Now, why would the Hand resurrect Elektra for the purposes of following Kingpin's orders??

Because that's how Frank Miller would have written it. Aren't you paying attention? Movieboy said that he'd show Miller his "movie" the next time he saw him. Implying, of course, that movieboy already knows Frank. Thou shalt not doubt movieboy. His parents bought him a camera. Therefore he is a massive fan of everything he shoots with that camera.

you sir are a douche. you dont know anything about me, where i come from, what i do for a living or even how old i am.

im going to ask you stop being well.... yourself and try being a little bit less of well..... a douche. my name is Chris .R. Notarile, if you want to look me up sometime and learn more about me, feel free. otherwise, stop making condescendingly presumptuous statements about me. move on, go outside and take some of that prosac we were talking about before.

chris

ps- when i talk to frank next, and believe me, i will, ill ask him his thoughts and take the good and the bad with whatever he says.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinky wrote:
is the hand not an enemy of daredevil? cause last i checked i thought they were. so its like killing 2 birds with one stone.

It was never Elektra's mission to kill Matt in the comic. And, the KP never told Elektra to kill DD. So, I guess I'll have to wait for your prequel to sort this plot line out.

Quote:
as for the devil liner- i answered that already.

Just for the record, Miller had characters refer to DD as "the Devil." I remember reading the letters page where some people were annoyed with it. Miller soon stopped afterward.

Quote:
as for elektra not researching matt was dd, perhaps im a little foggy on things, but didnt she not know that matt was dd when miller wrote it? i was kind of playing off that. i believe it was bullseye who found out matt was dd when he followed elektra to matt's house.

You're way past foggy. In Elektra's first issue she found out Matt was DD. So, that's why it's a little confusing, your movie I mean. But, agian this is your DD universe, I'll await your prequel where it is established, contrary to the comic, which is fine, I guess, that Elektra doesn't know Matt is DD.

Quote:
again, i might be a little foggy on things, but thats what i remember.

You remember incorrectly.

Quote:
anyhoo, i think you guys are trying to read too much into something that isnt there. there is no hidden secret to the movie, its like episode 4 of star wars. you come in at the middle. thats about it.

Ah, in medias res, like . . . Hamlet. Hmm.

r.g.j
blinky500
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill take your word for it. you probably know more than me. but i thought that kingpin hired elektra and bullseye to both kill dd and it was basically the best assassin got the money. whatever, im not about to go look it up right now, its not like it will change anything.

im not trying to warp the dd universe, im looking things from a filmmaker's perspective when overloaded with 20 some odd years of comic history and trying to find a way to make it all fit into a 10 minute film. i wish you guys would see where im coming from with that. thats kind of how all filmmakers take on comic properties. sometimes its pure gold like batman begins and tdk, other times its a total train wreck like superman returns. its a crap shoot.

in my case, i think i did fairly well. im not saying my film is amazing in its accuracy, but any changes i made really do not detract from the core of the movie, the story or the characters themselves.

anyhoo, i have no intentions at the moment of making a prequel. i just wanted to make the film that i made. i have no intentions of making an all encompassing encyclopedia of dd elektra films. i just wanted to do a love story between both characters and so i did.

so again i say, just enjoy the movie for what it is. its daredevil and elektra being themselves in one way or another.
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And with that, I'd like to end this particular thread.

We can start another thread after I post my interview with Chris and the actors, hopefully up this week.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: