Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

catching up on Daredevil :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immortal_daredevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: catching up on Daredevil :) Reply with quote

I have posted the same post at another forum, but here it is:

Hey, I've been reading alot of comics lately, but I seemed to have missed alot of Daredevil reading Razz I am a big fan of Daredevil, but I haven't really read any of the books lately
(last one was Born Again, which was awesome, I have also read Guardian Devil, which is one of my favorites, I own "The Devil Inside and Out Vol.2, but it didn't really do me justice, since it contained alot of events and elements that I haven't really read or known about. I am currently reading "Lady Bullseye" in hopes of understanding the new "Return of The King" arc), so I was just wondering if anyone could fill me in on what has happened (most important events) between Guardian Devil and Lady Bullseye? I know this is alot of ground to cover, but it would be awesome if someone could just simply tell me Razz

some points:
- who has Daredevil had as love interests and what has eventually happened to them (and current love interest)? Last I truely recognize is Karen Page, and that's a long time ago Razz
- what's the deal with Kingpin, why was he in Europe and Japan?
- what's Daredevil history with "The Hand"?
- any significant deaths or villains?
+ whatever else one can fill in

Thanks a bunch Very Happy
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start here http://www.manwithoutfear.com/ddCOMICS.shtml

where there are quite a few synopses of the older comics. I doubt anyone could catch you up with the last ten years any quicker than if you read what's already listed here on MWOF.

Enjoy!

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Even answering "what's Daredevil history with "The Hand"?" would require setting aside a day.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
immortal_daredevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, kind of the answer I was expecting, yeah I know The Hand has a vast history with DD, but I in a sense meant why do The Hand suddenly attack people in the story "Lady Bullseye" ? Razz haven't read the whole story, but is it revealed why?
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Keep reading. I suppose we will eventually find out.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TsiFNorI
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- who has Daredevil had as love interests and what has eventually happened to them (and current love interest)? Last I truely recognize is Karen Page, and that's a long time ago
- what's the deal with Kingpin, why was he in Europe and Japan?
- what's Daredevil history with "The Hand"?
- any significant deaths or villains?
+ whatever else one can fill in

You've only started with the lady bullseye arc right?

1)Love interests of DD are: Milla Donivan(young lady who is also blind, looks like a european model insists foggy. Matt and Milla actually got married O.O). I don't think it's cool to tell you the whole story about what happened to her without reading the without fear arc. Dakota North( ex model and current P.I., pretty cool character). Again I don't want to explain what happens to her since it's somewhat still going on? or discontinued lol

2)Kingpin was sent to Europe because in one of the arcs Matt had to defend the kingpin to help him get released, but matt's condition was that the kingpin revoke his citizenship Very Happy

3) Matt's history with the hand... lets see. if you started at born again you completely missed the hand lol. the hand was created by Frank Miller, to imo make a story for why Elektra came back or what not, probably to explain what elektra was up to, and to provide a new enemy to make DD more entertaining. I'm only aware of the hands involvement in miller's run, and this current arc.

4)significant deaths..hmm.....the ex fbi director or whoever he was that had a hard on for matt was killed 8/. lol. um if you mean appearances by villains: the new matador, tombstone, mr. fear, gladiator, mr. slaughter, vanessa fisk, the hand presently.

5) not much else other than opinion. good writing and im enjoying every issue, great art. imo the lady bullseye arc was alright.

hope this little info helps Very Happy
Aeus
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt I could just post this here instead of making a new thread, as I'm looking to catch up on some DD as well.

I currently own the Bendis omnibus, and my Brubaker omnibus is on the way. I really want to catch up on Miller's run on Daredevil, so should I purchase Daredevil: Visionaries Frank Miller 1-3 or both of the Frank Miller Daredevil Omnibus'? I'm kind of a sucker of big books, rather than multiple books, but I want the best printings, with the most stuff.

Be sure to visit AvPGalaxy for all your Alien and Predator needs.
entzauberung
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The visionaires books only cover the material that's in the first omnibus (and the later stuff is really the best). I have never seen the omnibuses in person, though, so I can't speak for printing values etc.
TsiFNorI
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the visionaries would be nice because they're light weight , but marvel has come out with up to date versions of frank miller and klaus jansons' run.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=15806091

this site shows all three of them.

if you prefer the bigger collections though, there's the Frank Miller omnibus which has all of franks runs, and there is the companion of frank millers work as entzauberung mentioned that is really good as well.
http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=751461
http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=13330301
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Frank Miller Omnibus Companion is awesome. It collects all of Miller's later DD stuff (which many consider to be his best stuff). A good companion to the Companion is the Elektra Omnibus. Also awesome. I regret not buying the first Miller Omnibus when it came out because now it's impossible for find used and costs loads used. I bought the three new trades containing the same material. Pretty cool but not as cool as the Omnibus. But, yeah, get the Companion and the Elektra Omnibus for sure.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: