Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

News on possible re-boot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: News on possible re-boot Reply with quote

I saw this article this morning. http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8357

I was very excited. Then I read the last part. Between a possible reboot of DD and a Dead Pool movie that they are alraedy talking about doing, the latter sounds more likely. I am praying for the former though.
The Man Without Fear
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope there's a reboot of some kind. A sequel? Maybe. A remake? Possibly. I just want to see a new take on this character and this franchise. I just hope they give it justice.
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, new here.

I think she is a good choice. I wonder if they will do the Man Without Fear storyline. Hopefully we hear more about this soon.
davidg
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: daredevil movie Reply with quote

i hope they do make another daredevil movie, i think it would be really awesome.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy should be the one they hire to do the stunts for a DD movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MeiwLLZjDo

He's got the moves, no strings attached!

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darediva wrote:
This guy should be the one they hire to do the stunts for a DD movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MeiwLLZjDo

He's got the moves, no strings attached!

WOW!! Shocked Put him on a red suit and he can be the Daredevil we deserve!!!!!
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope that they won't use Typhoid Mary in a Deadpool movie. Looking at what they did to the Deadpool character in the Wolverine movie, I have some serious doubt about a Deadpool movie... And Typhoid is a DD villian, not a Deadpool one ! (Even if she appeared in a Deadpoll mini series)
It's time to make a DD movie that may compete with the dark knight. DD has such an undevelopped potential.

Nice find darediva. Yes, the guy in the video has to be involved in the stunts for a DD movie !
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gael is right...I have always looked at Daredevil as Marvel's Batman. But we all know DD can kicks Bats ass anytime. Give us a movie that will kick The Dark Knight's ass! Jason Behr or Josh Duhamel in lead, Megan Fox as Elektra, and the movie would be good to go. Oh by the way, I hate that Typhoid Mary and stick appeared in the Elektra movie, and now Black Widow is on Iron Man 2. Hope they make a movie soon before we see Foggy Nelson in Spider-Man 4 or something.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

46 movie remakes and reboots currently in the works
Published on Jun 3, 2009

Daredevil

The news on this one seems good thus far. Marvel is believed to be rebooting the idea of a Daredevil big screen franchise, with Ben Affleck and director Mark Steven Johnson nowhere to be seen this time round. The plan currently suggests that Katee Sackhoff may be in the running to play ex-Daredevil love and now villain Typhoid Mary, but that’s all subject to rumour this far. The earliest we’d expect the film is 2011.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/261202/46_movie_remakes_and_reboots_currently_in_the_works.html
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I dunno about that.

Quote:
The news [what news?] on this one seems good thus far. Marvel is believed [by who?] to be rebooting the idea of a Daredevil big screen franchise, with Ben Affleck and director Mark Steven Johnson nowhere to be seen this time round. The plan [what plan?] currently suggests that Katee Sackhoff may be in the running to play ex-Daredevil love and now villain Typhoid Mary, but that’s all subject to rumour this far [or subject to Mary being in the actually confirmed Deadpool movie]. The earliest we’d expect the film is [never].

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Yeah, I dunno about that.

Quote:
The news [what news?] on this one seems good thus far. Marvel is believed [by who?] to be rebooting the idea of a Daredevil big screen franchise, with Ben Affleck and director Mark Steven Johnson nowhere to be seen this time round. The plan [what plan?] currently suggests that Katee Sackhoff may be in the running to play ex-Daredevil love and now villain Typhoid Mary, but that’s all subject to rumour this far [or subject to Mary being in the actually confirmed Deadpool movie]. The earliest we’d expect the film is [never].

What that should say is FOX, not Marvel, is thinking of rebooting the movie (this has been said by FOX chairman Tom Rothman). The rest is rumour, as mentioned.
Dash
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd find it very unlikely that Marvel would reboot Daredevil anytime soon. Especially since they have so many other characters in the well, and not to mention the Avengers tie in movies (Captain America, Thor...etc). They will more than likely have their hands full.

Plus I'm pretty sure they would have to buy the rights back off of somebody to start it again. Because whoever owns them now, apparently wants nothing to do with it. Plus I mean think about it, DD is a second string Marvel hero. Not many people can name a DD villain other than Bullseye and Kingpin, but if you ask them what Spider-Mans are, they'll probably know.

Questions I'm sure the movie executives asked..."what's the difference from the first one? Same guy in a red suit swinging around like a second class Spider-Man. We've tried that before."

And as far as the story goes, I doubt it'd be Man Without Fear, only because the 1st movie was an origin story. That would be going backwards. I personally think it's going to be a mash up of Born Again and a story line from volume 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: