Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

im making a daredevil movie. need script ideas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m-binnie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: im making a daredevil movie. need script ideas Reply with quote

hi my name is Matt. so im making a daredevil script as an origin story. it is a script that i'm sending to Marvel as a reboot daredevil movie (or as a graphic novel if they have something else in mind). i have a timeline of events, characters etc but now im just going to ask other fans what they want to be in the story. the story is very deep and complicated and has the poetential for 2 more sequels. it's kinda like a batman begins style origin so it can focus alot on character where daredevil the movie lacked. so anyways send me a message on what you want because it's a big project that i want to be as true to the fans and comics as possible. thanks Smile
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You absolutely have to have Stilt-Man. I think if you ask true DD fans what they want they always have one answer: Stilt-Man, Stilt-Man, Stilt-Man.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
m-binnie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol stilt man, you know that may work well with my plot. if i'm able to incorporate daredevils flashey and random red and yellow costume i'm sure i can give stilt man a small robbery cameo. you'll see alot of cameos from heroes and villains. thanks, any other ideas out there?
m-binnie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while on the topic of villains let me just say that this is what im going for and if there are some better villain choices, please let me know:

first story

-Kingpin

-Bullseye

cameo

-stiltman

second story

-lady bullseye

-bullseye

-Kingpin

<cameos>

-Owl

-Hammerhead

third story

-Kingpin

-Bullseye

-Lady bullseye

(and a few others but not sure at this moment)

i know the villains like bullseye and Kingpin are in every story but theyre neccesary to my plots, however if anyone has any ideas, i'd be welcome to hear them. i can't however go deep into the plot for because i'm dealing with marvel but your gonna see everything that daredevil fans want with a bit of modern changes. by the way all three stories include the Hand having a large focus. is this okay with you all?
globalhonored
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding Elektra couldn't hurt. Bullseye disembowels her anyways...uh oh - spoiler alert whoops...and although we've seen it played out before on screen, the whole Matt/Elektra/Fisk/Bullseye thing worked so well in Miller's run and could on screen if done right.

Owlsley could be given more priority. Mr. Fear doesn't suck. The Gladiator works as a supporting character. Turk, Widow, Karen Page, Foggy obviously, Typhoid Mary....
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your ideas a lot... I really can't wait to see this!!!
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man the fans gonna love how i kill Elektra (not really a spoiler for an origin) she just get's wrecked with her own sai Smile. to give room for character introduction, she'll only be given a cameo in the first, i'll build her in the scecond and in the third i'll bring her back..... just like in the comics..... now that was the spoiler Smile mr. fear i wanted to do in the sequel, if i can find a good way to incorporate him in the story.

okay when it comes to karen and widow well the plan was originally not to have a love interest in the first and show Matt murdocks origin and character development. i mean the way my story plays out we REALLY see him as troubled soul. and in the sequel he'd love and lose ELektra (not a spoiler) and in the third they'd be together again idk if that's the wrong thing to do please let me know and i'll correct it. i can do karen but maybe not black widow because with the upcomming iron man 2 she's more of a tony stark thing in the movies. i don't know much about gladiator, i'll look into it. turk will be there as one of fisks lowlife connections. foggy will get ALOT more character development then he did in the 2003 movie. we'll see him as a funny but still stong character. "yes" or "no" he should find out in the first movie that matt is daredevil? Typhoid mary i'll look into.

----------------------------------

thanks, i've got the trilogy outline more or less done now i'm just bulking it up for the fans. it'd be cool if marvel wanted to do my story be it grapih novel or movie. Smile

---------------------------------------

speaking of the movie, when did marvel say they want to do the reboot? i have to get them a script before production begins.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only question is: what is Lady Bullseye doing in there? She's really not a part of DD lore at all aside from the most recent two story arcs. I can't imagine that Marvel would be that eager to let you do a graphic novel where you basically rehash stories that were told over the last two years anyway.

Similarly, if you're going to focus on Kingpin, Elektra and Bullseye and want to make a graphic novel out of it you'd basically just be re-writting Miller's run. Which doesn't seem like the best laid plan.

Oh and having Matt end up with Elektra is a huge mistake. Unless your goal is to have rgj burn down your house. Then it's a wonderful idea.

Why aren't you laughing?
m-binnie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay lady Bullseye is out. also it would just be made to be a movie not a graphic novel because it would be too hard to stay in continuity with the direction i'm going now that i think about it. bad idea to even think about rewriting Frank Millers work.

okay if not Elektra should i focus on bulding Karen and then killing her off? only problem with that is that if that's done then it doesn't give enough room for Matt Murdocks character to develop.

also really important question, is there any problem with the Hand teaching Murdock after Stick teaches him? does any fans have a problem with that?

also i can make Mr. Fear work with the script.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's clear that your movie should be based on the Echo arc by David Mack. You gotta really think outside the box for this DD film in order to distinguish it form MSJ's folly.

So far, what I've read about your ideas, let me just say, absolutely brilliant! But, ya gotta think outside the box. I suggest you center the story around Echo and her Native American roots, vision quests, and a guest star appearance by Hugh Jackman. Marvel will be okay with this, trust me. So we get alot of Echo, Native American imagery, and some scrabble letter pieces on the edge of the film frame. Scrabble pieces that say stuff like . . . I AM DEAF. If ya really want to be sneaky you can secretly spell out stuff like . . . MSJ SUCKS or NO PUBLIC OPTION (that one's for the nutty teabaggers).

And, you want to creatively bookend Daredevil (the character) in this story/film. Like five minutes each scene. I have faith in your writing to clearly define DD's character and origin in these two time intervals. And, you'll be giving the audience alot to think about for the next film. Remember, don't over use DD. Keep the people wanting more.

Lastly, let me say one word . . . Rotgut. Seriously, if you can work him into the film, it could be the finishing touch to DD's version of The Dark Knight. No one would see this coming. Rotgut is your Rosebud!

You know, alot of people have come to this site with wild claims of writing and making films, writing DD comics or graphic novels and the rest. All were charlatans. It is obvious to me that you sir, are the real deal. And, you are going to make many DD fans extremely happy. I commend you, sir, for your effort. I believe Daredevil is in good hands now.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I hadn't even thought about a reboot centred on the Echo arch. It's pretty perfect. Then in part two you could focus on Echo being Ronan in the New Avengers. You could have a kick ass marketting push centred around Ronan's true identity.

I don't think I agree with rgj's Rotgut thing though. I think it's too close to the Dark Knight. I think you go Echo/Wolverine/Vision Quest for movie number one, Echo/New Avengers for movie number two and then Nocenti's upstate New York saga for movie number three. Obviously people will be a little thrown by the lack of DD in the first two but DD will hardly take his costume off in the third one so it'll balance out.

Is it okay if I tip off some of the movie sites with regard to this thread? I bet they'd be interested in how fans work together to make movies.

Also, if you use our ideas will you put our names on the script?

Why aren't you laughing?
m-binnie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0_0 RSJ: i had a really bad and rough morning and this just made my day, this message. look i can't show my story to everyone but if you send me any email (it doesn't have to be your personal one) i will show you the time line of events and run it by you k? movie 1 the origin is finished, i have a timeline that is done and it will be modified once i have more fan data. the best way to look at this project is that i am like Christopher Nolan and i have made Daredevil into something powerful like Batman begins and i'll save my big guns for the sequel. one time opportunity do you wanna see the timeline. now i'm quite paranoid when it comes to my writing esspecially since i've been working on this for 2 years now. so i don't want this ruined or leaked online because this is my long hard work.
m-binnie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Castle: yeah that would help with marketing having echo if i could make it work. umm yes i sappose you could tell them but the problem is that if that is done i'm afraid that some other writers will beat me to the punch because marvel is pushing for a reboot, i'm working under the radar right now so i don't have competition. i want to have a sit down with them once i'm fully ready to give them the script. tells your friends to sign up on the web site and speak their thoughts because this is a one time opportunity. i'll be perfectly honest with you i can't put everyones name on a script for having a single fan idea and such like "witten by Matt Binnie and him and him and him" and so on but if you had a huge "oh my god that's bloody perfect!" that i felt made the story then yes i would say that these people contributed helped me make this great work and i couldn't have done it without them. and to be honest i can't do this without the fans. because unlike fox, fans come first, not money Smile
Blind Alley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be perfectly honest with you, m-binnie : JC and rgj are making fun of you.

And if you just can't understand that, I doubt you've got what it takes to write a decent script. Wake up.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blind Alley wrote:
I'll be perfectly honest with you, m-binnie : JC and rgj are making fun of you.

And if you just can't understand that, I doubt you've got what it takes to write a decent script. Wake up.

Well, I never.

As rgj points out, to get Marvel to notice you have to think outside the box. Marvel isn't even going to take a second look at another Elektra/Bullseye/Kingpin love fest. You have to think outside the box and that means Echo and Number Six and The Blob and Pyro. If you don't like thinking outside the box or how far outside the box our thinking is on this one, that's fine but let's not go around calling our out of the box thinking "making fun of".

This is literally as serious as a discussion about a DD reboot script can get.

Why aren't you laughing?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: