Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

im making a daredevil movie. need script ideas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I hadn't even thought about a reboot centred on the Echo arch. It's pretty perfect. Then in part two you could focus on Echo being Ronan in the New Avengers. You could have a kick ass marketting push centred around Ronan's true identity.

I don't think I agree with rgj's Rotgut thing though. I think it's too close to the Dark Knight. I think you go Echo/Wolverine/Vision Quest for movie number one, Echo/New Avengers for movie number two and then Nocenti's upstate New York saga for movie number three. Obviously people will be a little thrown by the lack of DD in the first two but DD will hardly take his costume off in the third one so it'll balance out.

Is it okay if I tip off some of the movie sites with regard to this thread? I bet they'd be interested in how fans work together to make movies.

Also, if you use our ideas will you put our names on the script?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
m-binnie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0_0 RSJ: i had a really bad and rough morning and this just made my day, this message. look i can't show my story to everyone but if you send me any email (it doesn't have to be your personal one) i will show you the time line of events and run it by you k? movie 1 the origin is finished, i have a timeline that is done and it will be modified once i have more fan data. the best way to look at this project is that i am like Christopher Nolan and i have made Daredevil into something powerful like Batman begins and i'll save my big guns for the sequel. one time opportunity do you wanna see the timeline. now i'm quite paranoid when it comes to my writing esspecially since i've been working on this for 2 years now. so i don't want this ruined or leaked online because this is my long hard work.
m-binnie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Castle: yeah that would help with marketing having echo if i could make it work. umm yes i sappose you could tell them but the problem is that if that is done i'm afraid that some other writers will beat me to the punch because marvel is pushing for a reboot, i'm working under the radar right now so i don't have competition. i want to have a sit down with them once i'm fully ready to give them the script. tells your friends to sign up on the web site and speak their thoughts because this is a one time opportunity. i'll be perfectly honest with you i can't put everyones name on a script for having a single fan idea and such like "witten by Matt Binnie and him and him and him" and so on but if you had a huge "oh my god that's bloody perfect!" that i felt made the story then yes i would say that these people contributed helped me make this great work and i couldn't have done it without them. and to be honest i can't do this without the fans. because unlike fox, fans come first, not money Smile
Blind Alley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be perfectly honest with you, m-binnie : JC and rgj are making fun of you.

And if you just can't understand that, I doubt you've got what it takes to write a decent script. Wake up.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blind Alley wrote:
I'll be perfectly honest with you, m-binnie : JC and rgj are making fun of you.

And if you just can't understand that, I doubt you've got what it takes to write a decent script. Wake up.

Well, I never.

As rgj points out, to get Marvel to notice you have to think outside the box. Marvel isn't even going to take a second look at another Elektra/Bullseye/Kingpin love fest. You have to think outside the box and that means Echo and Number Six and The Blob and Pyro. If you don't like thinking outside the box or how far outside the box our thinking is on this one, that's fine but let's not go around calling our out of the box thinking "making fun of".

This is literally as serious as a discussion about a DD reboot script can get.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to close this thread before it spirals out of control...

Matt, I would suggest querying whatever contacts you have at Marvel or Fox and bounce ideas off of them, since they will ultimately dictate what it is they want from a DD reboot. You're going to get too many varying ideas (sincere and otherwise) here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: