Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DD PS2 game--BOOYA!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
Teklock wrote:
Speaking of which. Good news everyone! Black Widow and Matt Murdock both show up in Punisher.

Wait a minute... are you saying that the Black Widow and Matt Murdock make appearances in the Punisher PS2/Xbox video game? In what context? This would actually make it worth buying! Smile

The Kingpin is also in it, from what I've heard. I might just have to buy this!
Greg
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuljit Mithra wrote:
The Kingpin is also in it, from what I've heard. I might just have to buy this!

Well, if the Black Widow, Murdock and Kingpin are all in this game; and it's written by Ennis & Palmiotti... yeah, I'll have to pick it up! I was kind of hoping to hold out on buying another game until the new Incredible Hulk video game comes out (which, by the way, looks freakin' awesome!), but I can't pass this up now... Smile
crtdaredevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re:Punisher Game Reply with quote

Yea
Black widow helps you in one of the first 3 levels.
::Spoiler alert::

Frank has to save her from a her captors, but all she needed him was to wipe out the two guards to the side of her.

Matt Murdock comes in as a lawyer telling frank to shut up. But frank pretty much stares him into submission and tells him he's fired. (Haven't finished the game yet, I'm still hoping for a daredevil/punisher team up)

You face Bullseye as a boss.

Nick Fury meets you in the jungle and you kick some ass together.

The "howling commandos" are pinned down and you have to save them.

And after wiping out the Kuncchi Family and The Yakuza clans they both fingered the kingpin.

They alluded to Spider-man.

And That's it...

Anything else I'll post it here.
BTW well worth the price tag.
Greg
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re:Punisher Game Reply with quote

crtdaredevil wrote:
Yea
Black widow helps you in one of the first 3 levels.
::Spoiler alert::

Frank has to save her from a her captors, but all she needed him was to wipe out the two guards to the side of her.

Matt Murdock comes in as a lawyer telling frank to shut up. But frank pretty much stares him into submission and tells him he's fired. (Haven't finished the game yet, I'm still hoping for a daredevil/punisher team up)

You face Bullseye as a boss.

Nick Fury meets you in the jungle and you kick some ass together.

The "howling commandos" are pinned down and you have to save them.

And after wiping out the Kuncchi Family and The Yakuza clans they both fingered the kingpin.

They alluded to Spider-man.

And That's it...

Anything else I'll post it here.
BTW well worth the price tag.

Awesome! Well, you just sold me on it... I'm out of the country right now, but will buy it and give it first priority on the old PS2 system as soon as I get back home. I have read most of the reviews... almost all of them positive for this game, so given all you've said it's pretty much a must-have. Thanks!
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Re:Punisher Game Reply with quote

crtdaredevil wrote:

Hahaha....somebody explain to me how you stare a blind guy into submission. Matt's radar is good, but not THAT good.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
crtdaredevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Hahaha....somebody explain to me how you stare a blind guy into submission. Matt's radar is good, but not THAT good]

Well,way I see it Frank castle has three superpower:
1. Looking PO'ed all the time
2. Guns Lots of guns
3. The ability to stare.
I took that expression from Avengers/JLA when Plastic man and batman are on the roof looking at Terminus and Plastic man rants on about something and says," sooo...what you're just hoping to stare it into submission? (Worked on those bank robbers...)"

But I could "see" how that could be a problem.

::Spoiler::

There are no Daredevil/Punisher team ups in the game.
However DD does get three nods
Thug 1: Hey do think DD could beat up sonny corleone?
Thug 2: You idiot, DD is a comic book charachter, Godfather was a Documentary

Con 1: Oh crap Is that Daredevil?
Con 2: Oh S^%$ it's the punisher!!

The story is too long to quote, but in takagi towers, There are 4 thugs talking about how sano took 100 guys hopped up on MGH and all got the crap kicked out of them. As you may recall this happened in DD 57..? If I have the issuse number wrong, someone correct me.

Also Iron man does make an appearance
and says the best line in the whole game:
Stark Officer # 2: Castle was here with his neighbor on the tour, while castle helped us out his neighbor took several office supplies inculding 3 paperclips, 2 staplers, and a ream of paper.
(SSO proud with himself)
Iron Man:(Shaking head) I need a drink...
-----------------------------------
Laughed so hard at that...[/quote]

Last edited by crtdaredevil on Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devilseye
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyrite is a terrible online game retailer with a knack for misinformation and horrible business practices. Avoid at all costs.
Teklock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting news. My roommate, who I believe I've already mentioned works at EBgames, told me that DareDevil for the PS2 is back on the release schedule. Which, would mean that it's been picked back up and they're actually going to release it.

Now, whether or not this is entirely true, or if EBgames just messed up and accidently put DD on the release list is still a possiblity. But it looks like things may look up for us DD fans that want a game.
Greg
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teklock wrote:
Interesting news. My roommate, who I believe I've already mentioned works at EBgames, told me that DareDevil for the PS2 is back on the release schedule. Which, would mean that it's been picked back up and they're actually going to release it.

Now, whether or not this is entirely true, or if EBgames just messed up and accidently put DD on the release list is still a possiblity. But it looks like things may look up for us DD fans that want a game.

That may not be out of the realm of possiblity. I picked up a Gameinformer magazine at the airport the other day on account of the Fantastic Four PS2/Xbox game preview it had in it (looks sweeeeeeet!), and it seems that - especially with the recent success of the Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Legends and Punisher games - that Marvel is starting to really push its licenses in that direction. I mean, c'mon... if Punisher rates as a better-than-average game, DD SHOULD kick some butt!

If it's done right, that is. That MAY have been why they yanked it a year or so back... weak story, previous-generation graphics, bad cut-scenes, whatever... but if it IS coming back onto the market, I'm betting it will be very good.

Upcoming goodies: The Incredible Hulk game (the follow up to The Hulk) looks incredible... free-roaming and with MUCH better graphics, not to mention a story by Paul Jenkins; the Batman Begins game looks great; the Fantastic Four game looks, well, FANTASTIC! Not to mention it's got Diablo, Annihilus and Doc Doom in it; and, finally, Ultimate Spider-Man is supposed to be out on PS2/Xbox. This summer is going to cost me a fortune in games... Smile
crtdaredevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: RE: Daredevil Game a possiblility? Reply with quote

Please man let this be true, Just curious, did it say who might have been publishing it, or anything specific?
Teklock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear anything more, just that there's a release date. I'm not even sure what the date is until my roommate goes back into work and looks it up for me again.

I'll ask him if he can find out who's publishing it, too.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DD game is no back on track. Check out ebgames.com. If the game was going to be released or was on the EB release list, it'd be on the website. It isn't on the website. Therefore, it's not being released.

Obviously I don't know Teklok's roommate but it has been my experience that EB barely knows what's going on half the time. Which is ridiculous since it's a game store. Anyway, that might explain the confusion.

To recap: no DD PS2 game.

Ulimate Spiderman is gonna rock though.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
DAREDEVIL
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what exactly is going on with the game if it's going to come out or not, so is there any prove so I can know if it's coming out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: