Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Waiting til the end of days?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fox_limbo
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Waiting til the end of days? Reply with quote

Has it really been almost THREE years?

Really?

I mean, really, has it been that long since the initial news of "Daredevil: End of Days" was discussed by creator and fan alike?

And has it really been over six months since Brian Bendis promised and vowed and nearly pleaded in an interview that this project would certainly be published in the next year? Yet, we haven't heard nary a word on this since?

Really?

Are we to be asked to wait until the end of days to even catch so much as a glimpse of this project?

I might as well actually wait until Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham reprise their creative duties on Marvel Man / Miracle Man once the whole legal knot has been unraveled. We may actually see THIS published first (those not in the know, this particular Marvel Man / Miracle Man fiasco has rendered the series in a painful purgatory, swirling with speculation and broken hearts since 1991 -1992).

I fully, fully understand that sometimes it takes time to create real art. And I understand that the "End of Days" is something on the back burner (prior to Bendis's promise of it being published within the year over six months ago, mind you). And I understand this creative endeavor is a labor of love.

But come on, reward us for our loyalty(or perhaps it is only little ol' me standing all by my lonesome on this) and throw us a bone!

*sigh*

...but I digress...
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the new "the target"
baker
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain. When they announced that they would have "big Daredevil news coming up" at the end of '09, I thought 100% that it would be about End of Days. I mean, what could be bigger than that? Then they announced Shadowland. So lame.

I'm guessing that either Shadowland will be so devastating and game-changing that Bendis and Mack will have to rewrite some of End of Days, or they're just waiting for DD to get back to normal so End of Days can be introduced. Either way, we probably won't see it in our lifetime.
AP
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be excited about this if and bummed that it hasn't happened yet if Bendis didn't intend for this to be more than a "What If" story. I'm just not crazy about that idea. Yeah, I know a lot of the greats that have worked on DD are involved with this, but the idea of writing his end story and making it canon just doesn't jive with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: