Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DareDevil Reborn and Black Panther man without fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhannaoh
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: DareDevil Reborn and Black Panther man without fear Reply with quote

Was anyone else surprised that DareDevil Reborn was only going to be 4 issues?

With everything that DD been through in the past year I would thought they would of made DareDevil Reborn 9 to 12 issues. That way they could use more characters as the man without fear.
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as Diggle is the writer, 4 issues are more than enough.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was always presented as a miniseries.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read something where Diggle said it was basically just the end of his run before Marvel decided to make Shadowland an event and bring in Black Panther, etc.. It's a mini now but was originally just intended to be four issues of the series.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having read the first issue, this definitely should have been an issue of Daredevil. Also it's clearly inspired by Frank Miller's "Badlands."
Foggy's Pal
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Reborn was a fine comic, but there was nothing new or interesting. it was nice to see Matt be nice for a change Wink
kentuckydevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Seeing as Diggle is the writer, 4 issues are more than enough.

so true.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the strange thing:

I thought my subscription to DD would end with #512, which was fine with me. Turns out I have, I think, 5 issues left to go on it. So to my surprise, I found T'Challa in my mailbox.

Took a few weeks, but finally decided to read #513. Interesting seeing how T'Challa sets himself up in Hell's Kitchen. A new identity courtesy of forged ID papers from Foggy, a new job running a local diner so he can mingle and observe the locals (and gather potential info), a new apartment with new neighbors, even touched upon his marriage to Storm.

Yet the oddest thing to me about the whole set-up is apparently Matt himself called T'Challa in to take over for him. Knew all about T'Challa's troubles with Doom in the Doomwar mini and thought he'd be ready for a change. I can understand why Matt would not want to leave the Kitchen unprotected, but would he really call in Black Panther?? Does Matt know T'Challa that well?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkdevil wrote:
Yet the oddest thing to me about the whole set-up is apparently Matt himself called T'Challa in to take over for him. Knew all about T'Challa's troubles with Doom in the Doomwar mini and thought he'd be ready for a change. I can understand why Matt would not want to leave the Kitchen unprotected, but would he really call in Black Panther?? Does Matt know T'Challa that well?

Very strange to hear about this. When Matt first took over leadership of the Hand, he seemed to view himself still as the guardian of Hell's Kitchen, especially after Bullseye exploded that building. So, seeing as he was still the guardian, he wouldn't have called on T'Challa to replace him at that point.

As The Beast took over, he wasn't in his right mind. He seemed to still view himself as the guardian of Hell's Kitchen (approaching Despot), and he was becoming EVIL, so I don't see how he would have put in the call to T'Challa at that time either.

I have no intention of reading this Black Panther series though, so I'm not willing to find out how this could work.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no indication of when (or how for that matter) Matt contacted T'challa. He's just there and Matt thanks him for doing this.

#514 was alright. T'Challa continues his efforts to crack down on this new crime lord, Vlad the Impaler. One of T'Challa's new neighbors, Iris, seems to have taken a big interest in him. Vlad lays out a trap to entice T'Challa out. It backfires, but Vlad does manage to kill a co-worker from the diner T'Challa runs in his civilian ID.

Yet another strange thing is that Luke Cage pays him a visit at the diner. Says he tracked T'Challa down and basically offered that if and when T'Challa needs help cleaning up the Kitchen, let him know and he'll call in the Avengers. T'Challa declines, saying this mission is personal to his restoring himself and his beliefs & values.

The implication being that Shadowland delivered a big blow to Hell's Kitchen, one the neighborhood hasn't recovered from yet and one the high' n' mighty Avengers are still watching and wondering over.

Oh, and the fortress is apparently still there. Matt was looking at it when he was having his conversation with T'Challa.

This is a decent story, never been all that interested in BP, I still just don't understand why he's there....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: