Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What's the big deal about Michael C Hall?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: What's the big deal about Michael C Hall? Reply with quote

Why is Michael C Hall the fan favourite to play DD?
Am I missing something? There are only two reasons that people seem to give to justify their choice.
1. Hair colour
2. He's "dark" in Dexter

Seriously though, Dexter is very different kind of "dark" than Matt.
What else has Hall done to prove he can carry this film?

Im just curious as to why hes the so-called fan favourite.
AP
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the man has charisma....in abundance. He sells his character. And in my opinion, Matt Murdock is a man that is very charismatic. Think about it, Hall makes a serial killer likable. No matter how noble his selection of victims is, Dexter is still a murderer. I have introduced several people to Dexter that were convinced they would hate it because of this reason and not one of them have disliked the show. In fact, all of them love the show, Dexter in particular. Yes, a lot of that has to do with the quality of the writing, but a poor actor can make a great story unwatchable.

Hall can play dark very very well, but I also like him because he can play light moments well. Think about how he interacts with Rita's kids. He can also play the wry sense of humor that Matt has. Think of how he interacts with Deb.

I think Hall is a longshot though, mostly due to the fact that he turned 40 in February and that this doesn't seem like the kind of project he would take. The recent trend has been to go for younger leading men so they will be young enough to do several movies and I don't think Fox is going to buck that trend. Also, Hall has mainly worked on stage and in TV and is currently in a very successful show. It may not be something he wants to tackle, especially given the mostly negative connotations the first DD film has.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not *my* fan favorite. If I was going for someone currently on tv, I'd have to give my vote to Christopher Gorham, who plays Auggie Anderson on Covert Affairs. I doubt he'd be interested, but he's a very young looking, very buff late 30s something guy who can do funny as well as dark. Plus, he's already got that blind guy thing down pretty well pat.

Oh, did I mention that Chris Gorham is hot as hell? He'd sell a lot of tickets, that's for sure.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@AP, that was a good explanation. At least I can now understand (from one angle) why Hall would be appropriate. Im just unsure whether the countless others who want Hall have picked him for the same reasons.
Even though he wouldnt be my pick, I can imagine him losing his mind like Matt does. The ways he slipped up during his hunt for the Trinity Killer nearly made me pull my own hair out!

@Darediva, I dont know who that guy is but he looks kinda skinny.

Personally, I can just imagine Josh Hartnett ending the film with "My name is Matt Murdock [...] thats all you need to know".
AP
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no offense but I can't see Chris Gorham as Matt Murdock. I've never seen anything he's been in so this is based solely on looks. He has a very slight build and his face, chin and nose shape make me think of The Joker before Matt. And the fact that he looks VERY young isn't a positive. Matt is supposed to be mid 20's to early 30's and I think this guy could convincingly play a high school student! He may be a great actor but, to me, he doesn't look the part.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael C Hall is not my favourite actor to play DD... and I'm a fan!! Razz
My pic, as I said before, is Chris Pine!!! He's got the look, right? As for ''Dexter'' I think people think of him as the best choice cause he plays a "dark" character and has red hair. Don't get me wrong maybe he is a good actor but is he really a good choice to play Matt? Don't think so...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: