Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil #1 Variant Cover Prices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiltman62
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Daredevil #1 Variant Cover Prices Reply with quote

I have a question on the price of variant covers. I told my comic shop I was interested in getting the different variant covers for July's Daredevil #1 and I was surprised at the cost.

They said it is cover price for the Rivera and blank variant covers but the prices for the other variants are as follows:

Daredevil #1 Marcos Martin Variant: 1 in 25 variant $9.99
Daredevil #1 Bryan Hitch Variant (was incorrectly listed as Romita Sr): 1 in 50 variant $19.99
Daredevil #1 Neal Adams Variant: 1 in 75 variant $29.99

Do those sound like reasonable prices for variants?

I probably will not spend the extra $$ now but imagine they will be cheaper in the after market.

Just curious as I have never purchased variant covers in the past.
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Daredevil #1 Variant Cover Prices Reply with quote

Stiltman62 wrote:
I have a question on the price of variant covers. I told my comic shop I was interested in getting the different variant covers for July's Daredevil #1 and I was surprised at the cost.

They said it is cover price for the Rivera and blank variant covers but the prices for the other variants are as follows:

Daredevil #1 Marcos Martin Variant: 1 in 25 variant $9.99
Daredevil #1 Bryan Hitch Variant (was incorrectly listed as Romita Sr): 1 in 50 variant $19.99
Daredevil #1 Neal Adams Variant: 1 in 75 variant $29.99

Do those sound like reasonable prices for variants?

I probably will not spend the extra $$ now but imagine they will be cheaper in the after market.

Just curious as I have never purchased variant covers in the past.

I know my shop has always made their price what the ratio was... so if it was 1 in 25, they charged $25, 1 in 50, then $50, but they usually gave me a deal because I was buying them all. Seems like you are getting a decent enough deal. Anyone else have a different experience with their shop?
tmckenna
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those prices in the top post seem pretty standard, especially for a "#1" issue.

--Tom
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually cheap compared to my local store.

1 in 25 is 1,000Php ($19.99)
1 in 50 is 2,000Php ($39.99)
1 in 75 is 3,000Php ($59.99)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: