Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL: UNDERBOSS Ratings & Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> User Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your rating (out of 5)?
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL: UNDERBOSS Ratings & Reviews Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL: UNDERBOSS

The first arc by Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev! This collection contains DAREDEVIL VOLUME 2 #26-31.
phap
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read it maybe five times and I always enjoy it! The atmosphere is great, the story telling is fantastic. It feels real. Some real daredevil's here!
ninjacop
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only just got round to reading underboss and out very recently and thought they were both superb. I wasn't so keen on the non-linear narrative form of underboss as it's been a while since i read Bendis's DD, but i liked it once i got into it, got back into the gritty vibe and feel of both Bendis's Kitchen and Maleev's artwork.

Having said that I think it is one of the weaker (of a very strong run) arcs in the Bendis-Maleev run, I think Bendis as a writer is able to create and develop the characters much more and place them into situations I have not or could not experience with any other superhero. That being said maleev's artwork is timeless and should go down in comic history as one of the defining artists to ever draw old Horn Head.

I give Underboss 4/5
saim786
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello admin nice forum . i am a new user and i will be actively participating .. Cool
Gee
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Kingpin story but is it really a DD story? What does he actually do in it? Classic example of how Bendis did not get DD so just told a story about his world as opposed to about him.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good story but as Gee said it's not exactly a DD story!! I liked it when i read and I've read it a couple of times since. It's a good story overall!!
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm re-reading Bendis and Maleev's run.

Bendis/Maleev was when I started reading the series, toward the end of this arc. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, but I still love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> User Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: