Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Fox's 'Daredevil' Relaunch Hires 'Fringe' Writer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, finding a way to tell this particular story without build up is going to be very difficult. However, I dont think its impossible. I guess thats Slade and Kane's job.

Also, I have faith in Slade as a director. Though Nolan might be very respected now, before Batman his best work was Memento. I guess most people will remember Slade for 30 Days of Night or Eclipse. One was recieved very well by the public, and the other has a ridiculous fan following.
This is Slade's chance to cement his significance, the same way Nolan has done.
Personally, I thought the way he handles 30 Days was pretty damn good. One of my fav films of that year.
AP
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before Batman, Nolan had Memento and Insomnia. Both were very well received critically and both did well at the box office so going in to Batman Begins, he had a pretty solid reputation and was regarded as innovative. Nolan didn't need Batman to prove he was a good director. He was already on the rise and Batman just sped that rise up.

Slade on the other hand is unproven and doesn't have a strong reputation one way or the other. He's directed a few music videos and has released two films that did ok critically and at the box office. I'm not counting the Twilight film because that film would have done well if Uwe Boll had directed it. He's an unknown variable and because of that I can't say I trust him to make a good film about my favorite character. He very well may, and I hope he does! He seems very enthusiastic about the character but Mark Steven Johnson was too. We'll just have to wait and see.
Wheelie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. BA ideally should be the third film. At worst the second film. Even if they don't do an origin story for DD and just have him start the film as a crimefight, Matt's relationship with Karen and the buildup to her moving to Cali needs an entire film to be fleshed out.

Sigh. They probably won't even have Karen in the movie. Kingpin is going to discover Matt's identity through some other means. So it's not really Born Again since, to me, the Matt-Karen dynamic is crucial to the story.
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream where I saw a leaked casting video for this movie and Mr. Fear was in it along with Ox and the enforcers.

I think that would actually be a cool villain cast for the first movie and bring the Kingpin in at the end like the Joker was mentioned in Batman Begins.
obiwan570
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DD movie makers if you are out there the new DD movie will be a guaranteed hit if;
You make it a cross between frank millers' Man without fear novel and ultimate daredevil and elektra storyline a la Matt Damon's Bourne identity

You be smiling to the bank trust me " I know things".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: