Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL: NEW AVENGER!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay that being said i understand your point, it is a joke the selection process is based on fan response. I will give you this, even though i love Moon knight, Cap back in 2006/2007 during civil war gave Spectre a "Go F%^* yourself" speech about joining pro or anti registration and said nobody wants you. "Frank Castle may be an animal and belong in a cage but you deserve to be in a strait jacket and if i wasn't so busy i'd put it on you myself" and then conveniantly when Moon knight gets some good fan press last year Cap is the one to say hey you wanna be on my super secret avengers team? No memory that their last conversation they almost ripped each other apart in Marcs apartment.

the moment Deadpool is an Avenger is the day I say i'm done
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it's quite unsettling that everyone has the potential to be an Avenger. I mean Wolverine in it makes as much sense as a turned over coin. But that said, DD being an Avenger is way long overdue if you ask me. He deserves to be an Avenger more than half the mooks that has become and is an Avenger. He's Marvel's answer to Batman. DD deserves to hang with the big league. No pun intended.

Oh and speaking of the league, people may hate what Bendis is doing with the Avengers. But I guess DC loves it enought to copy it. I mean how many Justice League book will come out in September....a lot!
Gee
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't consider the secret avengers, the new avengers or the avengers academy as avengers, they are off shoots, feeder teams, only the main book is THE Avengers.

Also the people that have a problem with Wolverine and Spiderman being on the teams, surely they have earned it? How many times have they saved the world? Probably more than just about any other hero? Well maybe not Mr Fantastic but just about every other one. Sorry dudes they are big time.

Talking of big time DD is too, I know some of the people on here like to think DD is not really a superhero and is seperate from the Marvel U but sorry he is a bigtime hero, think back to all he has done, he has fought demons, monsters and gods and held his own (ironicly under Bendis he seemed almost weak and struggled to beat anyone), he is a bigtime hero and deserves his shot at the Avengers.
The Mast
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil has turned down being a member of The Avengers before, for good and specific reasons.

He's a big player regardless. There is absolutely no reason for this, creatively.

As much as Daredevil is badass, he is surplus to requirements here. They have Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange, Wolverine, The Thing, Spidey etc. Daredevil brings nothing to the table for them. If they didn't have Wolverine and Spidey, sure.

The reason the second half of Diggle's run sucked (Shadowland #2 onward, the tie-ins and the Daredevil tie-ins) is because he completely ditched the depth and insight into Matt Murdock. Daredevil's best stories are told through internal monologue and there was none of that. We rely on his mental sight to relate and feel, and experience what he is.

He's on a massive team now. He's not going to get the dialogue time. If Bendis wanted to write him again that badly, he should've simply lobbied for the new #1 instead of Moon Knight. He should have either done that or finally written Daredevil: End of Days.

This isn't going to work and it's going to subtract from the secluded, stand-alone feeling of Daredevil past.

-The Mast
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
omotenium
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust Bendis with Daredevil. I understand about the inner monologue, but seeing how Bendis really defined Daredevil for the last ten years, I trust he can guide the new direction they want for him. That is, the direction Waid's also going in of making him more mainstream and less isolated.

That said, I've heard this mistaken complaint before, so I feel the need to point it out. In the report from USA Today Bendis says End of Days is coming out in the fall. From the looks of it, it's mostly done and they just kept it back because of Shadowland.
Marty
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to read trade paperbacks these days so am not up to date - is Bendis' Avengers really that bad?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon further review and time as perspective, the 2nd volume of DD just kind of seemed like a long, drawn out arc that didn't do much--granted, I still haven't caught up with my reading, I left off somewhere with Return of the King. In retrospect, Bendis may have wowed with his dialogue, but c'mon, it mostly sucked. He outed and married Matt. Big wow. DD doesn't belong with the Avenges, or in Bendis' hands anymore.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu Murdock wrote:
He's Marvel's answer to Batman. DD deserves to hang with the big league. No pun intended.

I don't agree with that comparision, but I think it highlights another reason why I think this is a bad idea for Matt.

Batman gets a lot of credit for being a bad-ass in situations where, because Bruce is merely human, he should be having his butt kicked.

Same goes with Matt. I don't want to see him tackle Thanos or Korvac. Some of the threats the Avengers face just don't suit Matt's nature or abilities. A street-level team, like Heroes for Hire, is more suited to him and would still allow him to re-connect to the MU.
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkdevil wrote:
Same goes with Matt. I don't want to see him tackle Thanos or Korvac. Some of the threats the Avengers face just don't suit Matt's nature or abilities. A street-level team, like Heroes for Hire, is more suited to him and would still allow him to re-connect to the MU.

i agree and disagree, i see that Matt is significantly low powered considering what his team mates have and if one chooses to go with what Frank Miller wrote with Stick saying that Matt doesn't have super powers. Then if that's the case, like batman, he's an extremely dedicated man to physical perfection and could take on the low level terrorist gunmen. That being said i think the New Avengers might be alittle much if they do alot of crazy out of this world alien stuff however i believe had Moon Knight not been chosen that he would have made an excellent addition to the Secret Avengers. He just suits the blackops style avenger more then the daylight Avenger. But then again this is the swashbuckling phase so no big deal i sappose.
jriddle
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee wrote:
The whole Echo thing was a farce.

Appropriate if it happened in Avengers, because everything about the Avengers is a farce, and DD having any part of it makes less sense than Wolverine being a part of it.

Bendis got a lot of grief when he launched New Avengers, but all he was doing was going back to the original concept of the Avengers, which was "hey, let's throw a bunch of our popular characters into a book together." The same premise as the Justice League. They never made a lick of sense as a team, and, for most of their history, they've been a REALLY lousy read (a consequence of their complete lack of any usable in-story premise). Bendis, in his early New Avengers, at least made them entertaining. He's the second-best writer DD has ever had, and if he wanted to write DD again, I'd love to have seen him come back and take over the book again. DD doesn't belong among the big, loud, gaudy joke that is the Avengers, though. The very idea is stupid. There's no way it can be made to work. There's no way he can be anything more than a 5th wheel.
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of having DD in the Avengers is crap. The reality will probably be much, much worse. Just another example of this once great company having no idea what to do with its long standing characters, or what actually made them work in the first place. (Yawns)
Gee
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People seem to think that DD is too low powered for the avengers, this is really not a valid opinion, is he lower powered than Hawkeye? Black Widow? Mockingbird? Seriously? He maybe more powerful than Captain America too. So the power thing is not an issue really, the guy is maybe the top ninja in the Marvel U, he can do the stealth thing better than anyone, can break in and out of anywhere, he can stop the team ever being ambushed or surprised again, (altho Bendis does often forget about his powers!).
The team does seem a bit overloaded mind you, maybe they may be moving their roster a little with DD coming in?
Cassecou
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that DD was part of the team in "Secret War"... Hum... In fact, we should forget that ! It was such a disapointment.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Look At Daredevil's Explosive Arrival In The New Avengers!

Pic 1:
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/1313592891.jpg

Pic:2
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/1313592901.jpg
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian-Devil wrote:

Pic:2
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/1313592901.jpg

I'm not sure how effective Daredevil would be with a machine gun. It sure would bombard his hearing and smell, in addition to the vibrating and heated gun. I know it's just one panel in a comic book, but this really stretches my suspension of disbelief. But it's Bendis, so that's what I get. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: