Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Captain America.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Man_Without_Fear_
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Captain America. Reply with quote

I'm hoping I'm not the only Captain America fan here. Why do I like him so much? It's the symbolism of the character. What he stands for. He's my 2nd favorite Marvel character behind Daredevil. He's known as the Sentinel of Liberty for a reason. he stands for american justice, and american freedom. Plus, and this may seem a bit shallow, but I like the asthetic of the character. the red, white, and blue costume, the shield. Cap is the quintessential american superhero. Enough Said.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not at all call myself a die hard Cap fan, but I do like him alot, particularly from a non-American perspective.

Yes, hes the all-american hero. But he isnt all about pointing out what is great about the country. Hes just as quick to point out what is wrong with it also. Hes about setting an example for the rest of the world, a responsibility that falls on the shoulders of America today, being that it is the most powerful country right now.

I wanna see the movie too.
dsugar
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap is a Classic hero and it's always great to see him part of a Daredevil storyline. He's been a great character and is the all american hero. DD#43 is a great cover and I'm glad they brought him back in the new run DD#2. Don't forget Streets of Poison.Now that DD is in the New Avengers I'm sure you'll see more of them.

The Cap movie was good, Avengers even better. I'm sure we'll see a Cap 2 and Avnegers 2.
claydevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Captain America Reply with quote

Captain America is one of the 'Classic' Heroes but to me he hasn't yet had an actual enemy that has 'come off the page'. Just look at The Dark Knight and all he's been through... the same can't yet be said for Captain America in my opinion he hasn't yet gone through the Maelstrom of Comic Heroism yet. True I'm not one who knows the Captain America Arc, but I don't get that 'all around feel' for him that I do with The Hulk, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, et al.

In my opinion Captain America needs a new and lasting Enemy that can take him places as it were. I think he got strapped into the Communist story line, which is very actual in the real world.

I think the threat of a new enemy for Captain America will have to be him against his enemy instead of him just being for America.

In fact maybe his name could be changed for awhile.

I'd like to see him perhaps gain new 'Powers' with a new created enemy from Marvel. Something new needs to come from him. Throwing the shield and being strong isn't enough in this day and age.

And his personal life probably needs to change in the comic as well. Maybe he should get married for real and have children. That would be very interesting.
SK47DD
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Cap for the same reason why I also like Superman. Now, I am a huge fan of both characters but the attribute I enjoy about these two characters is that it is hard being the Boy Scout/Do-the-right-thing type of character than the popular "anti-hero" such as a Batman & Wolverine.
I really enjoyed Captain America: First Avenger. However, I am also a fan of those grand adventure pictures such as Indiana Jones & The Mummy, also the time period of World War II.
It pleased me as a fun and great time. Captain America has his moral code and knows how far he can go but he cannot.
I liked what Millar did with Civil War putting Cap against the registration act. He maybe a walking flag, but, his true nature is seeing that the right thing is done.
Claydevil says it best, he is a classic hero.
JoeBullseye
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I talk Cap this comes to mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpufNT8I-SU
And if you want to read great Cap stories read his golden age comics. Oh and as for villains ain't Red Skull good enough?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Ed Brubaker was announced as Bendis' replacement on Daredevil, I bought my first Captain America issues ever. I was blown away. Sure, his run has been dominated by Bucky, but they're some of the best comics I've ever read.

Since then, I've picked up trades by Dan Jurgens, and when Mark Waid was announced as the current writer on Daredevil, I picked up his Operation Rebirth trade. Solid Stuff. I've come to really respect Steve Rogers.
clark5901
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice information in the post...
Skaughtto
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current Captain America series is pretty wild, but has given me an appreciation for the character. I began buying the comics just because they are written by Rick Remender(Uncanny X-Force volume 1 was excellent). It's my first Cap series and I'd recommend it, but I don't know how much longtime fans would like the sci-fi approach. If a writer threw Daredevil into Dimension Z, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: