Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Tattoo - Help needed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Daredevil Tattoo - Help needed! Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I am thinking about getting a Daredevil tattoo on my arm for a looong time now. Daredevil definately is something very special to me, so I really want it to be awesome to look at. But that is so much harder than I initially thought it would be.

The problem is: I really cant settle for a good motive. And thats exactly where I want all of you fellow DD-fans to get involved!

I need you to suggest me your favourite DD-artworks.

- In case you can tell me in which issue/on what page/which panel/where I find a good fitting picture of DD, Ill put it in consideration.
- In case you have a stunning artwork on your home computer, please upload it, and post a link!

but there are limitations:
- DD should be fully costumed. (so with his mask on, etc.)
- DD should wear his normal, red costume.
- DD should not be missing arms or legs.. so I really need his complete body for the tattoo.. (it would be okay, if theres a bit of his elbow missing, but yeah, you get what I mean)
- The Artwork hast to be "tattooable". So artworks of Dell Otto are beautiful and all, but I dont think they would work on skin.

I really hope you can help me with this!

cheers,
Marc

(sorry for my bad english, its not my native language, and I still learn it.)
darematt
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi McFly!

I'll look for my PC to see that match.

See you!
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi McFly,

I've been thinking about getting a DD tattoo for about a decade now, but have the same problem; what art to use?
I think one of the most stunning DD images is Quesada's cover to Volume 2 Issue 1- Daredevil upside down high above New York. For some reason I keep coming back to that image.
A more radical idea would be to go for simplicity; the DD symbol across your chest! I know that it's not too subtle, but it sure would make a statement.
I hope you find what you're looking for. Just remember that a tattoo is for life.
Cheers.
Dash
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a picture of mine last year. Daredevil isn't the easiest to find a good tattoo of.
dsugar
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the DD #1 Neal Adams Variant Cover?
http://marvel.com/images/gallery/story/16158/images_from_the_daredevil_liveblog/image/875545
dsugar
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or this one from Secret War #5
http://marvel.wikia.com/Secret_War_Vol_1_5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: