Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Which villains should be used in the Daredevil reboot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Which villains should be used in the Daredevil reboot? Reply with quote

Which villains should be used in the Daredevil reboot? I wouldn't mind seeing Kingpin again, but I do think he should have a different enforcer from Bullseye, to make things different from the first DD movie. Another idea is to have Kingpin and Owl engage in a gang war.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if Born Again is going to act as a basis (though I think only loosely), then Kingpin should be in it. But less like a pimp and more like he is in the comics.
I agree, Bullseye shouldnt be in this, neither Elektra. Owl would be interesting, but I would also like to see some Nuke-type figure who Kingpin has in his pocket. Gladiator would be good too, but with Dark Knight Rises coming soon, he would probably just get criticised by the masses for being a Bane rip-off.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of Gladiator but I would like to see an updated version of Nuke if they're using B.A as a base!!
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian-Devil wrote:
I like the idea of Gladiator but I would like to see an updated version of Nuke if they're using B.A as a base!!

The problem is Fox doesn't have the rights to Captain America, so he can't be the story and since Nuke's abilities come from the Super Soldier serum, to work in this movie Nuke would have to be changed to work in this movie. It might be easier to replace Nuke with a villain unconnected to Cap, perhaps Bushwacker, who worked for the CIA and was turned into a cyborg to be a better Black Ops agent. Bushwacker and Nuke are somewhat similar.

The thing is this a loose adaption of "Born Again", just like X-2 was loose adaption of "God Loves, Man Kills and Batman Begins was a loose adpation of "Batman: Year One". There will likely be some changes to bring this story to the screen.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Purple Man and Typhoid Mary will be the villains in the next DD movie:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=42159
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see Typhoid Mary!!
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typhoid Mary makes the most sense from a writers perspective on rebooting Daredevil.

a) Most of us know that Typhoid Mary was the girl Matt kicked out of the window in "Man Without Fear"'s origin when Matt was 18. So she's already linked to Matts past and he created her (to a degree). This is a writing excuse to show Matts origin story and hers instead of her being a random girl (to which he wouldn't feel responsible for). Hollywood loves to throw a "personal relationship" in the mix to make it more layered. Hell if they really wanted to they could even throw the kingpin neck snapping mob takeover as well to show where the kingpin came from as an enforcer.

b) she and kingpin screw up his personal life in both BA and TM so if you combined both stories it'd be interesting and it'd work because in the end of both his life went into shambles. i expect in result of what they do if not a disbarment then atleast a short withdrawn exile from Nelson and Murdock (it's happened around 6+ times since the 60's)

Purple man

Purple man.... eh..... not as he is in the comics as it'd be the wrong medium. I'm almost expecting him as a scarecrow type villain. You put him in a dark dark purple suit (almost mistakable for black so it's not a rip off of TDK joker) but a purple dress shirt and tie and he uses like a drug or something to manipulate people instead of eye contact (which i sappose works against the whole irony of not affecting matt due to his disability story wise). No bleached purple skin and no face paint otherwise it'd get too much flak. He can be done in a realm of realism it's just that it'd be really hard to do. i kinda expect a flamboyantly charming sociopath who is a mastermind before kingpin i guess.

If purple man was organizing Typhoid Mary to ruin Matts life then i sappose it's a duo that would work. Now the point of torturing Matt is the question:

a) business

b) revenge

if it's just merely business then it's simply because PM obsessed over ruining DD because of all the plans that have been foiled simple and easy but boring.

if it's revenge however then it's a personal vendetta. Entertain this idea for a sec: imagine if they substituted Larry Cranston's (Mr. Fear) background of being envious and hating Matt Murdock in law school and wanting to ruin his life. If they weren't going to do Mr. Fear because Nolan just did Scarecrow then they could use other details about Larry that work for Purpleman.

In fact to take it a step further on that note if purple man was a lawyer from Matt's law school he could be Hells Kitchen's District Attorney as well as a crime boss. You could have court room scenes where they face off against each other in both public and private encounters with their other personas. heh imagine that; Purple man: publicly liked hero of scum convictions by day and scum organizing villain by night and Matt Murdock: respected for blindness but disliked defense attorney of the underdogs of society by day but hero by night.

i'm already excited for that kinda duality idea they would share and it'd be easy to incorporate them in each others scenes Razz

Any thoughts? I think it works.
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your idea. Although is there any real confirmation about a Daredevil reboot? IMDB doesn't even have a page for it.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB does have a page for the reboot
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598171/
but that doesn't mean anything!!!
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny. I typed in Daredevil on the movie search and that didn't appear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: