Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #7 Preview, Ratings and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #7?
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #7 Preview, Ratings and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #7 by Mark Waid & Paolo Rivera ships December 21, 2011, and here's a preview:

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/gallery/Daredevil-V3-007

Please use this thread for your ratings and comments on the issue!
tmckenna
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much like an episode of Seinfeld, DD #7 was interesting, although there wasn't much in the way of superheroics. It gave us a glimpse into Matt's psyche, and how into denial he really is. The story sets up future issues really well, at least in my mind.

The art, as usual, was superb. Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin have set a very high bar for this book. Almost a Lennon-McCartney thing, although Lennon (Martin) seems to have quit the band, at least temporarily.

When I finished reading, I thought to myself -- this is a nice done-in-one that sets up the two issue crossover with Amazing Spider-Man that starts next month.

I gave the issue 4 out of 5.

On a slightly different note, I was unable to get the variant cover. My LCS promised to try and track one down for me. We shall see...

--Tom
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great issue. I liked some of the "moments"... the banter between Matt and Kirsten, the kids helping, and some of the foreshadowing. That last page certainly left me wondering what is going to happen.

I also couldn't get the variant... looks like it was a 1:50 ratio and my shop only ordered 30 copies. When I see how many copies this comic sells each month (well, most comics), it's kinda depressing. Less than 40,000 copies. It should be doing better.
MWOF
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good story and it is a good set-up issue as well, so I gave it a 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tmckenna
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuljit Mithra wrote:
When I see how many copies this comic sells each month (well, most comics), it's kinda depressing. Less than 40,000 copies. It should be doing better.

I keep asking myself, "Why isn't this one of the best selling comics on the stands?"

After reading comics for years, I really should know better.

--Tom

P.S. My LCS is getting the variant for me from another shop. Yay!
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmckenna wrote:
Kuljit Mithra wrote:
When I see how many copies this comic sells each month (well, most comics), it's kinda depressing. Less than 40,000 copies. It should be doing better.

I keep asking myself, "Why isn't this one of the best selling comics on the stands?"

After reading comics for years, I really should know better.

--Tom

P.S. My LCS is getting the variant for me from another shop. Yay!

That's what my shop did for me... they found it at a store downtown and got it for me. I picked it up a few days ago. Issue #8 also has an incentive variant as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: