Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Video Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Daredevil Video Game Reply with quote

With the recent massive success of comic book related video games, would you like to see a Daredevil video game? If so, what would you like see in a Daredevil video game?
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Note: they will only make a movie based game of Daredevil*

quality over quantity open world size: take the idea of a small open world like Arkham City but make it a realistic size for hells kitchen limiting the player to just the area and restrict access to outside the area. The upside to this is that it FORCES a large amount of development time into detailing the environment. That being said with the limited size of only a few blocks one should be allowed into most buildings opening up potential crime scenes, gang hang outs, drug operations and hostage situations. The buildings are relatively housing and are perfect for moving from. The only exception should be Fisk tower on the edge of the Kitchen that has only a few floors accessible but should add a nice contrast to the dirty areas of the kitchen with it's sleek interiors. In the sequel they allow sewer and subway game play possibly to expand?

atmosphere: I’d like it to be so living breathing in the kitchen because of a limited size (compared to batman and Spiderman) that we see people living in their homes, police and swat showing up at certain situations with crowds forming, people working at the docks, people doing activities around etc. when i switch on the radar i should see people either active at night in their homes or in the street.

Matt Murdock Game play: i thought about the idea of a maybe some "Shades" game play with Matt undercover in Josie’s bar or perhaps just walking to the court house with cane in hand and running to an alley when **** goes down. although the downside is that they need to work on day mission graphics and lose time working on the detail at night.

only takes place at night: it makes sense for the game play to be done in the shadows. a green light video game would be made but with limited time that movie games get made they could focus entirely on a lighting engine that focuses on dynamic shadows in dark environments.

D-Pad: using the D-Pad on the controller daredevil can switch between sound, smell and Synaesthesia of blending the senses. Imagine sound and smell combined because ultimately that's what the radar is is that it combines the sense into a visual mental perception so almost like a vision. You see waves of sounds like echo location, trails of scent that come off people and the environment. pressing on the bottom of the D-Pad he can switch between Billy clubs, bo-staff, grapple, and other gadgets in the clubs.

Melvin Potter creates your costumes and weapons: instead of matt making his equipment, players go to his shop, investing money to upgrade gadgets and variants as well as going through the shop to upgrade the suits abilities for flexibility and protection. This also opens up the place to unlock bonus costumes from classic retro uniforms to the weirdest alternate universes. Virtually almost every dd costume could be in there. Matt could make his gadgets but i thought a mini game would receive bored reviews by fans and critics. On a story element it gives Melvin Potter just cause to be included in the movies.

bosses: one main boss from the movie and using only lesser known villains who can't hold the spot of main villain. this maintains a level of options for future stories without ret conning.

travel: The Parkour of assassins creed with more of an acrobatic twist that gives off a more super hero daredevil feel of leaping off buildings. the grapel system should look to arkham city for inspiration and allows people to dive off buildings and save themselves at the split second. the game should feel fast and reflect the speed of the comics as he's fast.

combat: nothing flashy with button combos like spiderman but not too simple like batmans one button game play. A nice mix of game play that balances fun with difficulty to make it challenging to take on gunmen with limited tech but not frustratingly impossible. The billy club when it's thrown should be able to be aimed so it can ricochet off walls and hit multiple people (see "wanted: the video game" for game play example). because there's a lack of smoke bombs to escape perhaps destructible light sources to escape into the shadows. a splinter cell light and dark meter is not neccesary however Spiderman Noir in shattered dimensions worked at using bleeding black and white screen to indicate when one is hidden.

Fanservice: fan service like there's tomorrow. going inside Fogwells gym, Every room in Matts brown stone (a gym could be used as a training room for the tutorial such ass combat against dummies and and arobics center for learning the parkour. skylight to enter and leave), jack murdocks apartment, Potters costumes, Fisks office, law office of Franklin and Murdock, Josies bar etc

Those are just a few thoughts. I'm a gamer so i kinda like thinking about these things. Smile
dsugar
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he (theunrealstudios) said
Solid_Payne
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion. That would be an insta-buy for me regardless of quality really Laughing

DD's powers would actually suit a limited open-world game perfectly. This would be one of the few games where having extra senses and a radar on the screen would actually make sense. The closest series I think that matches DD's abilities would be Assassin's Creed. With a comic license though, you have the opportunity to dial up the acrobatics and speed a little bit. Maybe something a bit like the new Metal Gear Rising, where you can free-run, and do some crazy ninja feats, while also giving you the option to be a little bit stealthy. So....a combination of AC, Rising/Ninja Gaiden, and MGS/Splinter Cell and you got your DD game right there!!
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note, here is a trailer for Daredevil in the Marvel Heroes MMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TihhyhVEMAc
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theunrealstudios wrote:

the grapel system should look to arkham city for inspiration and allows people to dive off buildings and save themselves at the split second.

Y'know, while playing through Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, I couldn't help thinking that some elements of the game would be perfect for a DD game.

The grapeling system as you mentioned, the hand-to-hand combat system with it's dodges, grabs, throws, kicks, and punches. Especially Detective mode, as it allowed Batman an (almost) 360 degree radar view of his surroundings. That'd be perfect for Matt's radar sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: