Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Reboot: Fanmade Costume Concept Art

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Daredevil Reboot: Fanmade Costume Concept Art Reply with quote

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=5&q=daredevil+reboot#/d5350lj

My concept of a realistic costume for the reboot. I think it turned out pretty well.
digodiego
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's seems to be a cooler version of the old 90's armored suit!
Perhaps a little bit burdened of that non-flexible parts, like batman's movie one. It seems to restrict the free movement and flexibility.
And we know old DD doesn't need all that stuff ;D
Anyway, nice desing!
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems to restrict the free movement and flexibility.
And we know old DD doesn't need all that stuff ;D

i wanted something that shows definition yet retains the classic comic look. Spiderman can translate well with spandex but it's way too hard for DD to jump off the page with his Lycra costume and be taken seriously for someone with no powers (poor mans spiderman for the general crowd). compromising In MSJ DD the leather was too dark, noisy, needed a zipper up the front (a symbol on the left pec), a cap instead of a cowl etc. Matt has a self taught equivalent masters degree in mechanical engineering so if he builds his suit why not throw in alittle protection if it's light and cheap to build structure; it also acts as a story focus as my favourite factor of the ASM film was it showed Peters genius and creativity in making his gear and alter ego. He doesn't need a batcave but he needs a costume that looks like he took the time to make. 90's was described as riot gear this however is perhaps more separated pieces of kevlar on pecs and abs only rather than a vest, low quality service grade titanium on fists and feet (which is the lightest affordable metal i know of) and the rest really is small metal bits here and there but mostly leather or high impact plastic like what's used in skate boarding pads (which he bases off his skater days).

i figure building a costume is a story in it's own on screen and if you built something like his how would you do it if your blind and yet have a masters in M.E. (i know its for the grapple cane but my interpretation of his talent is a little more "radical".) Nolans batman and Webs spiderman explained theirs so i figure DD could explain his.

my favourite but most odd feature is the eyes actually. i know he's a ninja but like batman he always drawn with glowing eyes in the dark to scare. Batmans are millions of dollars in compact night vision so i figure for Daredevil theatricality is cheap since he doesn't need those eye slots obviously, why not have LEDs project a low red glare under red lens? When he wants to hide, he turns them off with a simple click, when he wants to scare or just idle they remain on. Nolans batman only did this for sonar but why not use this as a feature of the look to set him apart? Otherwise it's plain lens or black paint on eyes under the cowl.

My best comparison is that i was inspired by DC's Nightwing and his costume that is strictly flexibility based yet functions with protection while still being lighter than batmans.

i can't really draw so i'm glad you like it, thanks Smile
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad. You're explantion for the design is pretty good too. Though, I would suggest this kind of suit would be an upgrade used for a possible sequel. Also, you can draw dude. You've got a good proportioned body there with perspective points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: