Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Disney/Marvel buy the rights for Daredevil?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomam
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Disney/Marvel buy the rights for Daredevil? Reply with quote

Disney bought the rights for iron man from paramount for 115 million a while back which also gave them avengers rights. We need to get on Disney to buy the rights for daredevil so they can do it right. Think they get those rights for less or more then 115 million?
MWOF
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should be able to buy the rights back for much less than $115 million. Iron Man was produced with a budget of $140 million and grossed $585 million worldwide, Iron Man 2 was produced with a budget of $200 million and grossed $624 million worldwide and Daredevil was produced with a budget of $78 million and grossed $179 million worldwide.

I also believe a factor in Disney/Marvel favor is that Iron Man is a hot and currently active property. Daredevil is not, not that it can't be, but unfortunately was mishandled. Daredevil came out in February 2003 and has been dormant for 9 years, with the exception of a recent attempt to reboot the franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they get the rights back.I don't trust Fox.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, don't want to sound like a douche, but this whole "super-heroes need to go back to marvel" argument is pretty naive. Just because a film is made under a particular studio doesnt mean the film will be good. How many indie films made by no-name studios are better than those by Paramount, Universal, Sony, etc...?

Would you rather Marvel/Disney got the rights and hired, say, Michael Bay, to direct? Or stay with Fox and keep Slade? On one hand you have Bay, with his HUGE scale car chases and explosions, and on the other, Slade, with his eerire tones and art-house styled cinematography. Slade's style is way more in tune with DD.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash-n-Bone wrote:
Sorry, don't want to sound like a douche, but this whole "super-heroes need to go back to marvel" argument is pretty naive. Just because a film is made under a particular studio doesnt mean the film will be good. How many indie films made by no-name studios are better than those by Paramount, Universal, Sony, etc...?

Would you rather Marvel/Disney got the rights and hired, say, Michael Bay, to direct? Or stay with Fox and keep Slade? On one hand you have Bay, with his HUGE scale car chases and explosions, and on the other, Slade, with his eerire tones and art-house styled cinematography. Slade's style is way more in tune with DD.

So far, superhero movies made by Marvel are different. So far with directors like Jon Favreau, Joe Johnston, Kenneth Branagh and especially Joss Whedon -- they are very well matched to the corresponding heroes. I've enjoyed every movie Marvel has made since Iron Man except for Iron Man 2. There have been more misfires with the non-Avenger Marvel movies (Daredevil, Elektra, Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four 2, and I hear both Ghost Rider movies are awful).

Marvel hasn't made a Michael Bay-type movie yet. With the exception of Iron Man 2, they are centred around the character and the actor's performance, which is the way to make quality movies. I would be more than pleased if Marvel wrested the rights to Daredevil away from Fox.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^point taken, their respect for their own characters shows in their films. But do you guys think Marvel would go "dark" for DD? Like the films you've just mentioned, all of their mainstream hits have been about their "superheroes", as opposed to say their street level or horrorcore viglinates. I personally cant see them doing it. The only thing I like about Marvel is that they were interested in Josh Hartnett for Thor, and therfore may offer him DD if the rights did go back.

In all honesty though, I cant see Fox really moving forward with DD. I hope they would, but this has to be one of the slowest progressing comic book films ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: