Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

David Slade drops out of Daredevil movie reboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: David Slade drops out of Daredevil movie reboot Reply with quote

Due to scheduling conflicts and the need to start filming DD this fall...

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/daredevil-news-article/2012-07-12-David-Slade-drops-out-of-Daredevil-reboot
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, did not expect this to happen. This film has been progressing at a ridiculously slow rate though.

At this point, I dont really care if the rights stay with Fox or go back to Marvel. Though, if they feel that the script is strong, why not just go ahead with it. Autumn is still a couple of months away really, so hopefully they find a director who doesnt mind jumpin right in.

Its a shame, I thought Slade was the perfect fit for DD. Now, I say give it to Duncan Jones. I would love to see someone like Curtis Hanson or Tony Kaye do it but I think DD needs some young blood. Jones would be amazing.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the rights go back to Marvel. I was underwhelmed with Fox's first attempt at a Daredevil movie. I have enjoyed every Marvel Studios movie except Iron Man 2. I trust Marvel to make good superhero movies than other studios.
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hope the rights go back to Marvel. I was underwhelmed with Fox's first attempt at a Daredevil movie.

Let me start out to say i wanted this for years but now there's a new problem that my more show business centered friend recognized: Marvel Studios is making too many movies under their belt after Avengers. His proof being

-Iron Man 3
-Thor 2
-Hulk 2
-Captain America 2
-possibly a Black Widow and Hawkeye team up movie (or individual solo films)
-Black Panther
-Ant Man
-Sub Mariner
-Guardians of the Galaxy

and that's only Marvel Studios funded projects among other marvel films from different studios flooding the market

so the question we need to pose: would you like your daredevil film now? or would you be willing to wait while they work on other projects until a slot is possible?

Fox may not have given us the movie we deserved but comic book movies were still in relative infancy and have matured since DD with more hits than flops. we need to recognize that people despise Origins, Last stand, Elektra, Daredevil cut, etc but fail to remember the joy they had with X-men, X2, First Class, DD directors cut. A well made movie is a well made movie based on formula regardless of who made even if you may not agree with the studios ideals.

now as for cross overs.... well if Sony plays ball with a rental contract for spider-man and fox did it for wolverine due to fan popularity and realizing how much money they could make for doing absolutely nothing as it markets their own future movies then DD is still possible. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next 3 months.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theunrealstudios wrote:
now as for cross overs.... well if Sony plays ball with a rental contract for spider-man and fox did it for wolverine due to fan popularity and realizing how much money they could make for doing absolutely nothing as it markets their own future movies then DD is still possible. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next 3 months.

I'm also one of those guys that is boycotting Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man, partly because I feel that Raimi was done wrong, but also because I think a film should be made because you have a story you want to tell, not because if you don't go into production buy such and such a date you will lose your rights to this character.

All we have right now is a screenplay that is supposedly good. We just lost a director (whose previous credits didn't inspire much hope in me). It's a little over two months until autumn begins. So not only do we have to find a new director, we have to begin production. So the director has no time to order changes to the script, scout locations, assemble a cast. Under these conditions, I find it unlikely that this new Daredevil movie would be any good.

I'm not in a hurry to see a new Daredevil movie, so I would much rather see the rights revert back to Marvel. Maybe, that way, we could get a Daredevil animated series. I'd love that.
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm also one of those guys that is boycotting Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man,... because I feel that Raimi was done wrong.

dude from one Spidey bro to another go see it please it's actually more fun than all the Raimi films and i liked the Raimi films. I've already seen the film 3 times because it's fun, it honors peter more than maguire and he's more interesting with character interactions than action scenes amazingly. It's not just for a new generation, please give it a chance.

Quote:
So the director has no time to order changes to the script, scout locations, assemble a cast. Under these conditions, I find it unlikely that this new Daredevil movie would be any good.

Foxs First class did it, Daredevil can do it too. First class had 3 writers pitching different scripts since 2008 and there needed to be 2 rewrites to the best of the three. Bryan Singer was going to direct but due to filming complications in his conflict of interest in another project (just like Slade) he withdrew in March 2010 with a set release of June 2011. Matthew Vaughn was given the opportunity in May 2010 during a frantic search and immediately begun filming in Aug 2011 after rewrites over the summer. Point is studios work on these projects every minute of every day with work in progress. They have done this "crunch time" before as almost every studio has at one point. The old Jack saying "Never give up" If Fox is smart i don't expect them to. If Fox likes the script and a director signs on it means he does too and if he wants minor changes he'll know what he wants changed. Locations easy: New York and L.A is known territory for these street projects; done. Casting eh.... i agree and that's tricky too for these franchises in time limits because you need no names who can pull off the roles and can commit with passion. Either way this goes the fans will be treated better this time.

Quote:
we could get a Daredevil animated series. I'd love that.

you are not alone my friend Smile
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to read some curious tweets from Mark Millar about something that sounds like the DD movie, check out

http://www.twitter.com/mrmarkmillar

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like he's talking about a director friend who may be working on the movie and has a "brilliant" plan.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^yeah, whatever it is, it sounds exciting, but it could be about DD comic series. Fingers crossed its about the film though.

I've changed my mind now. I really hope Marvel does NOT get the rights back. They wont do anything with the character, he'll just lie in movie limbo. And even if they did, he would not be gritty/dark because they would need him to fit in with their golden age-esque universe.

theunrealstudios is right, locations, casting, etc...can be done in the short time available. What gives me hope is this so called "good script". All they need is a director willing to take on the project who will approach it with focus and respect, and a lead actor who has a fairly decent catalogue of work behind them.
claydevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: MORE WOLFMAN THAN WOLVERINE! Reply with quote

*dude from one Spidey bro to another go see it please it's actually more fun than all the Raimi films and i liked the Raimi films. I've already seen the film 3 times because it's fun, it honors peter more than maguire and he's more interesting with character interactions than action scenes amazingly. It's not just for a new generation, please give it a chance. *

I despised the Raimi films. I won't say why. And I don't like that Spiderman has to be the same guy for like 12 years perculated through the same eye just because the studio is 'playing it safe'.

http://perezhilton.com/2012-08-04-hugh-jackman-the-wolverine-movie-set-homeless-man

One even better example is the pathetic XMen Movies... Hugh Jackman is still Wolverine. He is actually doing that bar scene again as I recently read. He was a very poor choice to begin with and here nearly 20 years later we still have this ageing actor who still hasn't ONCE worn the Wolverines actual Costume! Not once. Guess who's still directing, that's right, Brian I'm a commercial director, Singer.

It's insane that the movie studio can't seem to get new teams. Spiderman should be a new actor, crew, director, each and every movie.

And that goes for batman. I had to sit around for 12 years as Nolan, et al did a Retro Version of The Dark Knight. Sure you were all going oooohhhh aaahhhhh... but they sucked, every last of them... they were BORING, BORING BORING.

http://clayscottbrown.biz/kindle/2012/07/20/h20-movie-review-the-dark-knight-rises-apocalypse-boring/

I'm sorry to upset here. But I'm just that way. Most things aren't good enough for me... I need more unlike most of you who always accept less.

It's your fate as Americans. But not mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: