Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel NOW! Avengers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Marvel NOW! Avengers Reply with quote

Say what you will about Bendis' Avengers but his was entertaining.

This current Avengers and New Avengers just...

SUCK!
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the first two issues of Hickman's Avengers.

I really think this was a missed opportunity. I absolutely love the Avengers movie. It's one of the highest grossing movies of all time, and I think it's the best superhero movie ever made. So I think it should have been a no-brainer to publish a comic with the team from the movie. But what do they do? The first issue, they say, "We have to get bigger." And then the second book has more than ten people on the team. And then I lose interest.

Seriously, it should have been a no-brainer to publish an Avengers series tha focuses on Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye. It was one of the highest grossing movies of all time. The fact that there was no such book suggests there is a serious lack of brains running Marvel comics these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: