Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Emerald City Comic Con (Seattle) - 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiltman62
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Emerald City Comic Con (Seattle) - 2014 Reply with quote

Wow, Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle was one of the best comic conventions I have attended. Great guests, efficiently organized and a large enough venue so it never felt crowded (despite 60k+ attendees). The distance from Orlando to Seattle was not a short trip but I was lucky enough to have some kind relatives put me up and get me around Seattle for a few days!

Overall, this one had many guests who mainly do West Coast cons so this was a chance to meet them for the first time. This was the 14th year for ECCC and I can tell it is a fan favorite.

The highlight con guest for me was Ann Nocenti - she was so nice and loved that I asked her to sign three DD issues, her first issue, her last issue and the issue where she introduced Typhoid Mary.

As I have posted on this site before my quest to get as many sketches and/or signatures from "Daredevil" (and "Amazing Spider-man") Artists and Writers on blank variants in addition to sketches of DD (and Spider-man) villains to my "collection". During ECCC, I was able to add 20 such sketches and signatures so it was very worthwhile.

I got a great Bullseye sketch from Klaus Janson (who commented how he thought my collection of villain sketches was amazing) and Stefano Guadiano asked if he could sketch an obscure character and chose Man-Bull!

Spider-man villain-wise I added Kingpin (Mark Bagley) and Doctor Octopus (Erik Larsen) among others.

If interested in my progress, and to see the great new sketches, take a look here:

http://daredevilcreators.blogspot.com/
Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you, man! All of these are awesome! I need to go to a comics convention one of these days. Thanks for sharing.
Bratface
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of getting creators to draw up a little something. I'm terribly shy so I find I get cold feet right when I'm about to go and get a commission with cash burning a hole in my pocket. Just not sure what the process is. At least I did get things signed but goodness I'd have liked to get some artwork/sketches done.

Your collection is great!
Stiltman62
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to be shy!

The artists love doing sketches especially if you are going to pay them for it. I am lucky and about 80% of my sketches were done for free (and that was the artist's choice!) as they don't take much time.

But even when the artists do it for free they always seem to love doing the sketches.

Ask next time - you will love the end result!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: