Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL series coming to Netflix in 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qtmxd
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good comments. But I'm hoping that they don't do all that history. I never liked films where it takes an hour to do the hero's origin, when everyone who cares knows it already. I know they have to explain DD's origin ( as much as I think the boxer who wouldn't take a dive is a cliche and I don't want to see it again), but I was hoping to cover it in one episode, maybe even some quick flashbacks, and I don't want to wait while he sets up a law office. I assumed they'd get right into the ambience of Hell's Kitchen. But I do agree with you, any villain can be cheesy with the wrong writers, and a good writer can make any of them worthwhile. And I personally hate any name, hero or villain, that begins with "Mr."
thank god for stilt-man
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope that the entire series isn't about his origin.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god for stilt-man wrote:
I really hope that the entire series isn't about his origin.

How would they make the whole series about his origin, that wouldn't make sense. It seems like something you could over in an episode or two, but you need to cover, because the general audience is far less familiar with DD then fans are. Anyway Newsarama had a list about what they want to see in a DD series:

http://www.newsarama.com/19674-10-things-we-d-like-to-see-in-the-marvel-netflix-daredevil-series.html

I agree with most of what they say, expect the yellow costume appearing, I really do agree with the sentiment of the number 1 point, if its an entire TV series, villains besides Kingpin and Bullseye should appear.

In terms of villains who shouldn't show up: Jester is too much of an obvious Joker rip off, Mr. Fear used the fear gas gimmick before Scarecrow, so whether he is a rip off is debatable, but Jester is a rip off of the most famous super villain of all. Stilt-Man would cost too much and his cost could not be justified by the limited role be would play on the show. Seriously if you want some goofy villain for DD to beat up within the first 5 episodes of an episode there is Matador, Leap-Frog and Turk, Stilt-Man brings nothing important to the table.

I think most of the other villains can work, though as I said before, Bushwacker and Mr. Hyde might be tricky to do in live action. I think some of the Silver age villains like Owl, Mr. Fear and Purple Man can fit.

I wouldn't mind tweaking some of the villains though, instead of the Wild Boys being just two street punks, it should be an entire street gang, working as low level enforcers for Kingpin and recruiting the poor kids of Hell's Kitchen into their ranks.
qtmxd
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, some good ideas, but it sounds like they're trying to encompass every interpretation of DD, light and dark, and while you can do that in 50 years of comics, the tone for a series has to be fairly consistent. I don't want to see the yellow costume, and would be surprised if they took the time for that, as well as using villains that look like they belong in the 60s Batman show.
I still don't get this insistence I often see that DD had exceptionally goofy villains. They weren't unusual for the time, and only Stiltman appeared often enough to become a running joke. He hasn't met Purple Man, actually a pretty good villain, in what, decades? And before Bendis's artsy Wake Up, I think he fought Leap Frog (who was at least nicely grotesque looking) twice... in 1967. Hardly worthy of lifelong humiliation. He's getting laughed at by people who weren't even born then.
Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would greatly enjoy seeing the owl. I think the Enforcers would help with the gritty feel. They could try on their own for a bit and then join Mr. Fear and become the fellowship of fear. As for the yellow costume, I think it would be cool to see it for one episode but no more than that. What that show obviously needs is mike murdock, though. Heck, why even have Matt? Who needs a boring stuffy lawyer when you can have a fun loving ladies man like mike. (Just kidding. There really needs to be a sarcastic font.) I have great hopes for this show, though. Can't wait!!!

By the way, have they confirmed that it was only going to be 13 episodes or is that just an assumption?
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will it be a part of the MCU?
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBC beat Netflix in putting Daredevil on TV. hehe This is from the cancelled show Ironside. Episode 7.

Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil artist Chris Samnee imagines what the Netflix Daredevil costume will look like...

Quote:
Chris Samnee @ChrisSamnee
Follow

Y'know, just daydreaming about how Daredevil's costume'll look in the Netflix series.
http://instagram.com/p/kU8k90QD6p/

Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian-Devil wrote:
Daredevil artist Chris Samnee imagines what the Netflix Daredevil costume will look like...

Quote:
Chris Samnee @ChrisSamnee
Follow

Y'know, just daydreaming about how Daredevil's costume'll look in the Netflix series.
http://instagram.com/p/kU8k90QD6p/

Sweet! It would be awesome if looked like that! Almost anything would be better than the leather costume, though.
LightningandIce
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the picture, I'm not sure I like the ear holes (even though they make sense) but other than that it looks awesome. I hope they actually come up with something similar.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel's DAREDEVIL Netflix Series Begins Shooting In NYC This July

At the recent Paley Fest panel for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., head of Marvel TV Jeph Loeb confirmed that the 13-episode, Matt Murdock|Daredevil series will begin shooting in NYC this July.

Read more at
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=96717#R8Z2Emdv0DA4OTsd.99

My guess is that by the end of April we'll have an actor for Daredevil, if not earlier!!! I'm so excited!!!
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Goddard Confirmed As Director Of SPIDER-MAN Spin-Off, THE SINISTER SIX... Do you think it will a problem with the DD series?
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my concern when he was initially associated with the Spidey projects. Like I said, people in the business can juggle several projects at once but I still can't help but feel that it will either result in Goddard having less input with DD or possibly handing it over to somebody else. But I hope I'm wrong because he seems so right for the series.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for the best with or without Goddrad.
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322312/board/thread/222231329

I am also an activist and host a group on care2 and there's a post about Disney owning Marvel. The Fixer's fate in the original Daredevil film is unresolved but many people assume that he was killed by the Kingpin.

http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/Entertianment

I'll watch the Daredevil television show. I hope that they have in it the origin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: