Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL series coming to Netflix in 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think this Netflix show will be the best live action super hero show? I find most live action super hero shows either bad or just lackluster, Arrow being the best of the bunch and even its just okay. However Netflix makes great shows like House of Cards, so I am hoping that it will be far better then the usual super hero fare we see from the networks, something worthy of the Golden Age of Television.

Also do you hope this series is more R rated or merely PG-13?
Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping that its the best live action superhero show. Netflix and marvel usually both have a certain quality so I can't imagine it being bad. Although that's also what everyone thought of agents of shield before it aired. Daredevil definetly had the potential to be the best live action superhero show. Can they pull it off? I don't know, hopefully.

Although I wouldn't mind an R (or M) rated daredevil, I fear that it would just become too dark and gritty that no one wanted to watch it. Also, to get the maximum audience, I think it'll be Pg 13(or TV 14).
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do people here think this show will give Daredevil the amount of media exposure he deserves? It seems like a lot of other DC and Marvel heroes have had far more media exposure then DD. Batman has several cartoons, movies and video games for example. Heck, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have had far more media exposure then DD and they started off as a parody of Daredevil.

There is a lot of buzz for Netflix shows like House of Cards and Orange is the New Black, will this show put DD on the map pop culture wise?
Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will definetly make daredevil a more popular character. Part of me really wants the world to know and love daredevil, yet another part of me wants me to keep daredevil to myself. The thing that works about him, I think, is that he's popular enough that he gets quality writers yet not too popular that he's on the avengers and like 20 other books in the same month. Hopefully he stays in this in between place.
The Man Without Fear
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Official Logo for Netflix's DAREDEVIL Revealed!! Reply with quote

The logo for the series was just revealed today.

Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article is the front page of this site, but I thought I would post it here so we can discuss it in depth, 7 things we learned about the Daredevil show:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/29/daredevil/

Also DeKnight talked about the tone of the show, likening it to "The Wire":

http://www.superherohype.com/news/325473-steven-s-deknight-likens-the-tone-of-marvels-daredevil-to-the-wire#/slide/1
obiwan570
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I hope this not going to end up being "....Netflix's Kingpin". Daredevil is the character we want to see. Not Breaking Bad 2
McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obiwan570 wrote:
Hey I hope this not going to end up being "....Netflix's Kingpin". Daredevil is the character we want to see. Not Breaking Bad 2

I totally understand your point.
But I must say this might be kinda cool, especially if they really get to do several seasons of it. the problem with most other "fantasy/sci-fi/comicbook"-type shows is, that they often merely do the "monster of the week"-routine, which gets incredibly boring after a few episodes. so if the Daredevil show really is more like The Wire with its thick plot and intertwined arcs, I would be all for that.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What stories do you think they adapt in the first season? It seems like they are adapting elements from Man Without Fear, but I think they will adapt elements from Frank Miller's Gang War story, with Kingpin fighting Owl instead of his old lieutenants.

Are there any stories you hope they adapt for the first season?
MikeMurdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you all might indulge me for a moment, my website did a write up about what certain aspects of the Daredevil mythos we hope Marvel chooses to explore on the new show. I'm interested if this might spur some conversations/debates on here:

http://evilgeeks.com/2015/02/03/our-netflix-daredevil-wish-list/
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article reveals the names and directors of the first 3 episodes.

http://screencrush.com/netflix-daredevil-episode-titles-directors/
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one question... Do we know who's playing his father?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: