Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Comic Book Sales Volumes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrinchieDog
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Daredevil Comic Book Sales Volumes Reply with quote

With the help of Kuljit, I've prepared a graph showing DD comic book sales volumes since the end of Volume 1 to the start of Volume 4. The source of the data is from the MWF website, under the Comics tab above. I don't know the exact details of how the volumes are determined. Here is the graph:

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/jpgs/ddsales.jpg

Also, the sales numbers do not include trade paperback sales.

I would invite all to engage in discussion about this data. I had fun putting it together and it was interesting looking at a lot of the smaller spike increases (which were often mini-crossovers with Spiderman!).

Some of my questions that can be subjects to consider (but certainly not limited to) include:

1. Why are sales, independent of writer, appear to continually decline? Trade Paperbacks?

2. At what point would Marvel say the sales aren't sufficient to keep DD in publication?

3. How do these sales compare to other titles such as Spiderman, X-Men, Avengers (all of which have multiple titles)?

Grinchiedog

(thanks to Kuljit for the assist!).
Nightwing2001
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great idea, it's interesting to see the sales over the years this way.

Other than a few large upward spikes in sales with key issues it really does look like the comic is in a slow state of decline with sales. It's sad really but with comics being harder to find these days outside of only comic stores and people trade waiting, that has to be a big factor in this. I usually check out the Top 100 sales of comics every month in the new Previews and it seems that once a comic book (in the big 2 that is) gets near the bottom of the list or drops out competely it's in big danger of being cancelled. In the 370's of the old DD title he was in the lower part of the list and was on his way to cancellation then so hopefully the title doesn't sink that low again, but with the way it looks on that graph it could happen. Let's hope not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: