Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

All New All Different Marvel - What Are You Going to Read?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: All New All Different Marvel - What Are You Going to Read? Reply with quote

When Remender announced last night that he was "taking a break" from Marvel I readied my mouse over the "Unsubscribe" button on Marvel Unlimited. Some of the new titles look interesting though so maybe I'll wait and see? Aside from Daredevil what are people interested in? For me it's:

For Sure

Spider-Man 2099 by Peter David (Because David is awesome)

Extraordinary X-Men by Jeff Lemire (Because the X-Men and Lemire are awesome).

Maybe

Old Man Logan by Jeff Lemire (Because it might tie into Extraordinary).

Contest of Champions and New Avengers by Al Ewing (Because Ewing is legitimately funny).

Maybe But Probably Not

Uncanny X-Men by Cullen Bunn

All-New X-Men by Dennis Hopeless

Sam Wilson, Captain America by Nick Spencer

Unless some of these maybes really work out it might be unsubscribe time.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?

Last edited by james castle on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil of course, Uncanny Inhumans, and I'll probably pick up Karnak and maybe Doctor Strange seeing as how Jason Aaron is on it.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD, of course.

For the first time in some years, the entire X-Line looks promising. I've enjoyed Lemire's work over at Valiant and DC, Ramos' art looks amazing so Extraordinary X-Men is a must. Bunn is a very talented writer so hopefully he'll be able to pick up his threads for Magneto in Uncanny X-Men. And Hopeless looks to have a fresh start for ANX, but still have some doubts over what (if any) dangling plot threads from Bendis he may address.

As for Avengers, definitely check out the All-New Avengers with Waid. I am a long-time fan of Waid's work regardless, so I'm also very keen to see what he has in store for this new team. As for the other A-titles, I may check out their first few issues and get a feel for them.

Definitely the new Spider-Man title, maybe the new Spiderverse title too.

Aaron has done wonders while on Thor so I'll continue to read Lady Thor. I will also check out his work on Doctor Strange.

A long-time Iron Man fan, I'm wary of Bendis' upcoming run. History would indicate that he does better on solo titles versus team titles (the less said about his X-run, the better) so hopefully something fun will come about from this.

I'm intrigued by the new Black Knight series as well as the new Weirdworld title. Marvel has been neglectful of late in the mystical fantasy side of things and Dane Whitman has long been a favorite character of mine.
Ronald
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am genuinely curious (and excited!) about the new DD. I hope that Soule and Garney rise to the occasion. It took me a very long time to warm up to Waid and Samnee, but I will miss them... Or, I would if they weren't going to be the team on the new Black Widow series!

Link at CBR: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-announces-black-widow-from-waid-samnee

Ron
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil and Spider-Gwen for sure. I'm giving the Avengers titles one arc to hook me. ASM. Spider-Woman for sure and Silk probably. I'll give Miles Morales a shot, too.

When I first got into Marvel, it was back in '86, during Claremont's first X-Men run. I quit during the "Outback period" and I've been afraid to pick up the books again, just from Wiki-ing some of the character changes and arcs. I'm giving Uncanny Avengers a go, but I'll probably pick up X-books with writers I recognize and like.

Black Widow, Hawkeye, Ms Marvel...

We shall see
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: