Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Hello.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alicemorgan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Hello. Reply with quote

I thought I might throw a first post here.
I am a female 23yrs old avid bookworm and when it comes to comicbooks, my favourites have thus far included Hawkeye/Rorschach/Two-face kind of men (blasphemy to mix them? Bummer, I know). In all honesty, it wasn't since I've seen the Netflix seires that I've been interested in searching through DD's universe, ending up with 7GB of downloaded material. Lame and cheap or not, it's the truth. No other adaptation has made me this much perplexed and involved thus far. Reason for downloading and not (yet) purchasing is because I live in Bosnia &Herz. where we don't really have comicbooks by choice, neither Marvel or DC's (but we do get amazing Dylan Dog, Alan Ford and so forth). So yeah,I guess this will be enough for a start. Would love if you could give me some reading suggestions after MWF/Yellow point.
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

If you check the comics section, we have a book club going. You might find something that appeals to you by reading the threads. What kinds of stories/themes appeal to you?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people on this message board would agree that after Man Without Fear, you should read issues #169-191 (collected in trade as Frank Miller Visionaries Volumes 2 and 3) followed by "Born Again." I think everyone would count those as mandatory reading.

On this site, if you click on "Comics", then "Recommended" you'll find a slew of reading suggestions.
alicemorgan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou both.
As for reading, almost anything will do. I say almost for there are some lines human being should have, be it 50 shades of gray or some love-tales that are plain bad when it comes to both language style and/or storytelling. I am currently undergoing a readthrough of Gaiman's The Ocean at the end of the Lane and Stockett's the Help.
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood. I didn't know about the existing list Dimetre mentioned. Now that I do, I'll echo his endorsement.

I started reading DD around 2012, 2013 with Waid's run and then went to back issues on Comixology and Marvel Unlimited. If you're okay with reading online (and not owning the copies outright), I'd suggest getting a subscription to Marvel Unlimited. The interface isn't the greatest, but this will allow you to browse all of their uploaded back issues for a flat yearly (or monthly) fee. If you do, you'll have access to a decent bit of volume 1 and all of volumes 2–4, plus a good number of minis/one-shots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: