Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What was Leapfrog's plan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: What was Leapfrog's plan? Reply with quote

So he hid in the pond with the mechanical suit, waiting for the chance of Matt Murdock and his friend to pass by, then seize Matt's friend, trap it in the obviously expensive for him mechanical suit, and then have it blow up?

Why didn't he just shoot him?
admiralpetty
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I think it all goes back to Leapfrog being a silly villain. Just shooting the hero would be the most logical thing to do in most cases, however villains like their theatricality, even if its dumb as in the case of Leapfrog.

Also, I don't have the most recent issue with me at the moment to double check, but is this supposed to be the original leapfrog? I seem to remember him being killed off in the first story Bendis did on DD.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What was Leapfrog's plan? Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:
So he hid in the pond with the mechanical suit, waiting for the chance of Matt Murdock and his friend to pass by, then seize Matt's friend, trap it in the obviously expensive for him mechanical suit, and then have it blow up?

Why didn't he just shoot him?

I haven't read the issue in question but I made a frowny face when I read this. That sounds like some brutal plotting.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, so it's a "haha, look, villain X of Daredevil is a silly c-lister? again?"
I think I'll file it under "bad plotting", and let's not start with the "Waid wants to tone down the grim and gritty", because this has nothing to do with it.
humanaccident
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was all just a DD set up, no?
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The attack was real. Matt just realized that he had a chance to give Foggy that opportunity to go out a hero. (I thought the same thing and actually tweeted Chris Samnee about it myself, which is why I'm that sure)

http://i.imgur.com/o2wcHs4.png
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but what sort of attack was that?
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admiralpetty wrote:
To be honest, I think it all goes back to Leapfrog being a silly villain. Just shooting the hero would be the most logical thing to do in most cases, however villains like their theatricality, even if its dumb as in the case of Leapfrog.

Also, I don't have the most recent issue with me at the moment to double check, but is this supposed to be the original leapfrog? I seem to remember him being killed off in the first story Bendis did on DD.

When the guy gets out of the armor, Matt specifically mentions that he's not the original Leapfrog.

As for the reasoning/plan behind this attack, none was given. As Dragonbat says, Matt just turns the attack to his advantage in faking Foggy's death.

Was it part of some revenge ploy by the Sons of Serpent for what Matt did? Or something else entirely? It's not clear so hopefully Waid will tie back into this mystery at some later point.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admiralpetty wrote:

I'm going to sound like a huge nerd, but the guy who died in the Bendis story not the original Leap-Frog, The original was a guy named Vincent Patilio and he eventually retired from crime and spent time trying to raise his son, Eugene (who attempted to be a D-list super hero named "Frog Man). Patilio still seems retired, having no real interest in crime.

The guy who died during the Bendis run was named Buford Lange, a thug who found one of Patilio's old Leap-Frog suits and tried to use it for his own gain. He died after his first apperance.

So in all likelihood, the Leap-Frog who appeared recently is some new guy who just uses the Leap-Frog name, though with a giant mech he would easily be more dangerous then the previous Leap-Frogs.

As for why Leap-Frog didn't just kill Matt, aren't most super villains guilty of that same sin, not killing the hero when they have the chance, because they want to toy them or something?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the question was "why didn't he just shoot foggy". and buying an expensive mecha, hide with it in a pond of a park where matt and foggy may/may not pass by, trap foggy within said mecha and then blow it all up with the risk of being caught in the explosion seems a weird way to toy with the good guy, if you ask me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: