Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Which one of these is not like the other?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Which one of these is not like the other? Reply with quote

If you don't mind a comical amount of spoilers all in one place you should take a look at a poll they're running over at CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=255

Basically, which "ORIGINAL SIN!!!!!" do you find most surprising! Most are pretty dumb but I feel like the Daredevil one is especially dumb or at least the least superheroy. The X-Men is a close runner up for the lamest ORIGINAL SINN!!!!! The Thor one just makes me sad.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the poll is missing the option: "that I'm supposed to care"
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we just started this story arc, I think it's premature to label DD's sin as they have it here. We don't know the full story yet so that irks me.

I like the Spider-Man sin. Slott's intro of this new character, her ties with past Spidey mythos, the similarities and differences between her powers and personality and Peter's has been fun so far.

The sin with Hulk and Iron Man makes sense if you think about it. Banner makes a powerful new weapon so why wouldn't the world's foremost weapons designer have a say in it's design?

The Angela reveal is interesting, we're still in the midst of that mini but so far I've been enjoying that as well.

But by far, the worst one is Xavier's will and Bendis' handling of it. So far, we're 3-4 issues into this arc and THEY'VE YET TO READ THE WILL! Characters are upset over some perceived ramifications of a will that hasn't been revealed despite solicits to the contrary.

Really Bendis? Really?! This takes his usual hangup on decompression to a whole new level.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it's premature to label the sin in Daredevil halfway through the story. We don't know very much at all.

I've been reading the main Original Sin series, and I think it's Marvel's most enjoyable crossover event in years. It's not without its rough patches though.

I read the tie-in arc in All New Invaders. It turned out to be a misunderstanding, which makes you wonder what exactly the those in the vicinity of the "eye bomb" blast see when it goes off. They're supposed to be aware of a long held secret. Why wouldn't they know all the details of it.

Same thing with Hulk vs. Iron Man. The first issue had me very excited. Tony tampered with the gamma bomb that ended up turning Banner into the Hulk. I want to know more. But again, Banner/Hulk was missing a key detail, and when he finally finds that out, well, I thought it was cheap.

I predict the most lasting effect of Original Sin will probably be the death of Nick Fury, and the rise of African American Nick Fury Jr. to S.H.I.E.L.D. director.
McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much hated all of them. And that comes from a guy who actually demands more status quo changes in comics.

I dont mind the daredevil one as much, since it was kind of an elephant in the room anyhow. the xavier one seems kinda meh, but I dont care for x-men these days (though I must say I like what they do with cyclops right now)...

but the one I really hate was the Iron Man vs. Hulk plot. Not only is it stupid (I could live with that) - but it is also that "small universe"-bullshit they do in movies a lot. like the Amazing Spider-Man movie, where the whole population of new york is somehow related to Peter Parker. Or the Star Wars prequels, where Yoda knew Chebacca and Darth Vader build C3PO when he was a kid. So of course, Tony Stark had his fingers in Hulk's origin. I also hate the fact that Marvel is reaaaally trying to sell Tony Stark as a bad guy (AGAIN). I thoght we were done with this after Civil War (and World War Hulk). but no, he is in the illuminati again, blowing up planets and now this gamma bomb thing, too. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by McFly on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFly wrote:
but no, he is in the illuminati again, blowing up planets and now this gamma bomb thing, too. Rolling Eyes

Don't worry McFly. It was all a misunderstanding, kind of. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: