Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

So How Does the Billy Club actually work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: So How Does the Billy Club actually work? Reply with quote

So I have read over 200 daredevil comics, and it has never been explained to me how Matt's billy clubs actually work.

Do we actually know how they work?

How can they go from being 1 cane, to being 2 fighting sticks of decent size to 2 sticks connected by a cord that he either throws or shoots out of a pneumatic thing, and in some times they also link into a fighting staff?

How could something possibly do that?

Does the club actually have the pneumatic thing from the movie or was that only in the movie, as in the comic I've only seen him throw it (actually remembering now he shoots it to catch somebody in Brubakers run so why does he always just throw it?)

so do we know how this thing actually works?
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/1/15047/1248890-ohotmu__volume_1___3.cbr___page_13.jpg

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The billy club works the same way Batman's cape does to help him fly:
Suspension of disbelief.
I personally preferred the explanation that only one end of the club contained the hook/line, and the other was simply a bored-out piece of wood with a length of steel inserted, which is basically a police baton.
I'm really hoping Netflix makes DD's skill with his weapon cool. I would love to see it ricochet off a wall into two or three baddies and then come back to his hand. LOVED that in the comics. They never explained how Captain America's shield came back in the movies; we all just accepted that it was Cap's skill. With DD's senses, it would be easily explained, and make for some AMAZING action scenes. Hope Mr Cox has been practicing, too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: