Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Scott Glenn cast as Stick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Scott Glenn cast as Stick Reply with quote

Scott Glenn was added to the Daredevil TV show cast. It seems like he'll play Stick!

the story:
http://marvel.com/news/tv/23265/scott_glenn_joins_marvels_daredevil_for_netflix

(the picture is from the movie Sucker Punch, in which he already played a Stick-y kind of mentor-character)

This is obviously a fitting chioce for the part. Glenn really looks like a mentor kind of guy. But more important, the inclusion of Stick makes me wonder:

- with Stick being an important part of Matts origin as a superhero, it seems like the show will include much more of the actual "origin" as many fans first expected.

- so they are going full force with the casting of DD characters from the comics. I wouldnt be surprised if there are a few more known characters to be announced soon (ben urich, bullseye, owl, etc).

- maybe they'll make Matt an actual ninja this time around? Stick being in it also hints at maybe intruducing the Hand at some point?

what are your thoughts?
admiralpetty
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Scott Glenn cast as Stick Reply with quote

This makes me even more excited for this show! Scott Glenn really looks like Stick as well.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see they're having Stick. He can be a somewhat controversial character. Good choice for him as well.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wanted Scott Glenn for Stick since I began dream casting back in 1985! And he still looks the same!
obiwan570
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Excellent casting........ Reply with quote

Great. I hope they give him great lines true to the frank miller era including the man without fear storyline. next stop get a great actress for Elektra true to comics get a greek national.........
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know him... he looks the part!! The most satisfying thing is that there is going to be Stick in the show!!!
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might remember him from a little film called "Silence of the Lambs". He was Starling's boss, Jack Crawford.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: