Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Matt Murdock Cameo in Edge of Spider-Verse #2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Matt Murdock Cameo in Edge of Spider-Verse #2 Reply with quote

Matt Murdock has a cameo in Edge of Spider-Verse #2 out today.

I can't say I care for how he's being used, as he appears to be working for the Kingpin in this alternate universe. Since he's only got one page in the comic, if "Spider-Gwen" was an ongoing title*, I'd be less concerned, because I could easily believe that he was working for Kingpin by day and using his knowledge to attack Fisk's businesses as Daredevil by night. The problem is, all we have is this one page and while my 'head-canon' says he's undercover, there is nothing in context to bear it out. (Actually, just the opposite.) But yes. An appearance.

*For those not following, this is a 5-issue mini with each issue dealing with a different alternate Spidey. #1 featured Spider-Man Noir. #2 is 'What If Gwen got bitten by the radioactive spider instead of Peter', etc. And from the end of #1, it looks like all these alternated Spideys are being summoned/collected to a possible future to unite against a common threat. In other words, we'll see more of Gwen in the Spider-Verse, but it doesn't seem likely that we'll see more of Gwen's home turf. This might be the only Spider-Gwenverse!Matt we get.
admiralpetty
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Murdock Cameo in Edge of Spider-Verse #2 Reply with quote

I actually quite liked the sleazy take on Matt. I think it makes sense that in some universes he is actually a sleazeball lawyer. It's nice to see a different take every now and then, even if it's an evil take Wink
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Meanwhile, I got an idea for a fanfic that helps this version of Matt sit better with me. I'll likely post a link when done.
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Well, the fanfic is written Reply with quote

http://archiveofourown.org/works/2425820

(Thanks, Kuljit, to adding it to the list!)

And I just found out today that Spider-Gwen is getting an ongoing and Matt is going to figure into it in a big way...

http://www.newsarama.com/22419-nycc-2014-jason-latour-s-spider-gwen-origins-and-plans.html
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yipes, well, steer clear of David Lapham's amazing (until the massive let down of an ending) Age of Apocalypse then. Matt shows up as "Keeper Murdock" - an evil dude using his powers to track down humans on behalf of Apocalypse (who is, at that time Wolverine).

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up! I hadn't heard of that one...
Foggy's Pal
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Yipes, well, steer clear of David Lapham's amazing (until the massive let down of an ending) Age of Apocalypse then. Matt shows up as "Keeper Murdock" - an evil dude using his powers to track down humans on behalf of Apocalypse (who is, at that time Wolverine).

I really enjoyed "Keeper Murdock"-- I loved the original AoA, but wasn't going to buy this one until I flipped through the first issue and saw that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: