Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DD Book Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't get a chance to follow up on this to see if people still wanted to do Lowlife. Real life has been a bit busy. I figure, at this point, we might as well finish Lowlife and Hardcore.

After that, I've heard the suggestion of 353-357 - the story where Matt defends Mr. Hyde. I would love to do this story, but full-warning. It's not collected in trade and only one issue (354) is on Marvel Unlimited). Looking briefly through my copies, I thought it would definitely look fun, but I would definitely be alerting people now to start looking for them before April.

If someone wants something completely off the wall, parts of Steve Gerber's run is available, so we could do some of the more psychedelic San Francisco stuff (maybe 105-107, although maybe 103-107). I'm sure you guys know by now I love tie-ins if we want Moondragon, Priestess of Titan (and daughter of Drax) to appear around the time of Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Full disclosure, though, this story caused me to stop reading Daredevil (outside of the book club) for several weeks, so I'm not going to pretend they're necessarily enjoyable stories. Certainly, I can promise it would be something quite different.

I also think we should do Elektra: Assassin at some point (I was waiting for Defenders to time it that way, but that's obviously not necessary.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could be fun to cover a goofy Silver Age story like Daredevil 8.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind something in between Lowlife and Hardcore, but I can't think of anything in particular. Perhaps something from the Widow's Kiss trade paperback, or the Micah Synn story?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micah Synn is just difficult because they're eight uncollected issues. It's certainly one I'd love to cover, but it's two months people can't join in if they don't have them.

For something from Widow's Kiss, we could do the Widow's Kiss story itself or we can do the finale to Volume one (D.G. Chichester's #380).

Here's my tentative thoughts:
1/22-2/19 will be Lowlife since we started that.
2/26 will be Daredevil # 8 with Stilt-Man.
3/5-4/2 will finish up the first Bendis arc with Hardcore.
4/9-4/23 will be Widow's Kiss (DD #368-370), so you'll have time to get the issues or the TPB.
4/30-5/21 will be "Menace From the Moons of Saturn!" and associated Steve Gerber issues.

In the meantime, I'd suggest getting Daredevil #202, 204, 206, 210, 211-214 (Micah Synn story) and #353-357 (Mr. Hyde trial). I certainly would love to finally do those stories.

Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, time for suggestions again. The only real thought process I have is to Daredevil #225 for July 9 in honor of Spider-Man: Homecoming. That leaves six issues open. I was thinking of doing the trial of Mr. Hyde - 353-357 either starting next week or the week after with a one-shot first. Then I have four issues before Defenders come out.

So here are things I could use:
A one-shot. Have we done the first issue with Purple Man? I know we did Yellow, but I feel like recent events make it a good time to do Purple Man.
A four issue story
Something in honor of Defenders - I have a couple thoughts. All are Elektra-related. One, we could just do the Elektra Saga. Second, we could do Fall From Grace. I haven't had anything that gave Daredevil: Father a run for its money yet. Or we could do Elektra: Assassin. Or we can skip the four-issue story and go straight to build up to Defenders. Let me know if any of these ideas interest anyone.

Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fall From Grace could be interesting/frustrating. Isn't it more than four issues though?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's far, far longer, unfortunately. Fall From Grace would be in honor of Defenders because it deals a lot with Elektra and resurrection.

If people are cool with Elektra: Assassin, followed by Fall From Grace, that would be about 15 issues with Elektra.

Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Photobucket decided to disable third party linking of images. I have no idea what the point of the service is in that case. Regardless, I'm unable to post the comic covers when I do the Book Club.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement service that's easy and simple to use? I'll gradually replace all the images when I get a chance, but it's obviously an involved project, but I'd like to at least get something else going forward.

Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was originally planning on doing Fall From Grace next, but that's another heavy story right after a heavy story. Do people want to do something lighter instead? If so, any suggestions?

Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
I was originally planning on doing Fall From Grace next, but that's another heavy story right after a heavy story. Do people want to do something lighter instead? If so, any suggestions?

If you want something lighter, there's the other two stories in Dark Nights.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could work. Although I'm thinking of doing just the next one and saving the last one (maybe for either Luke Cage or Iron Fist Season Two since it involves Misty Knight).

Here are my thoughts. We'll do Dark Nights 4-5 next. After that, in honor of the Inhumans TV show, I'll go back to Ann Nocenti and do the back half of the Lone Stranger arc (the Number 9 story) and Acts of Vengeance (I was just going to do the Ultron story, but I figured we'd never cover 271-274 otherwise). Then, in time for Thor: Ragnarok, I'll do the overwhelmingly silly story where Matt dresses up as Thor and then becomes a blind person (Daredevil #30-32). I'm pretty sure Mike Murdock is involved.

Is that OK? I'm open to other options (including not doing anything for Inhumans or just doing the Ultron story). 272 is collected in Lone Stranger and 274 will be collected and released in the Heart of Darkness Epic Collection on October 3 (about 12 days before we reach it), but neither is on Unlimited. We would also not be doing anything for Punisher, but I feel like we've done a lot and the only Punisher story I can think of left is the one with D.G. Chichester.

Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly pretty low on ideas. One idea I had was to do a quick two-parter to give people time to buy the issues for the Micah Synn story if they don't already have them (202, 204, 206, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214). Maybe for the two parter, I would go with Fog and Vengeance in Venice (220-221), which I've always been partial to. Or I can go in a completely different direction.

Dimetre, do you have the Micah Synn issues?

Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I most certainly do. That two-parter is in Love's Labor Lost, correct?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. And on Marvel Unlimited.

Belfan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on Punisher... did you do the story where it's done in two different POV's... I kinda liked that... somewhere around 257 and Punsher #10 (I think)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: