Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

The Netflix "Costume"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: The Netflix "Costume" Reply with quote

So by now we've all seen the costume reveal, obviously based on "The Man Without Fear" look. However, am I alone in hoping that's not the ONLY costume?
We've talked about it here before, but I seriously hope that's not the case. I mean c'mon! It looks like the costume from "The Trial Of The Incredible Hulk", and while that was a visionary milestone in Hornhead's career (note the sarcasm), I don't think it had one ounce of creative thinking behind it.
I can only hope that at the end of that episode they recreate the "costume jump" from MWOF, using the "I made it myself; God only knows what it looks like" line.
Please, please, please Netflix, don't shortchange us!
Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with you. I figured it would just be the costume he uses to cover up his face until he gets a real one but if its not ill be dissapointed. Marvel had had some great costumes so far. I expect it will get better.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Netflix "Costume" Reply with quote

Marcus Plato wrote:
So by now we've all seen the costume reveal, obviously based on "The Man Without Fear" look. However, am I alone in hoping that's not the ONLY costume?

They specifically referred to it as his "first" costume and there was foreshadowing in the NYCC clip where he said it was a work in progress. All the evidence points against it being his only costume.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew! I haven't been able to load the panel on Youtube yet. Grrr.
Great news though! Thanks Mike!
In other bad news, Netflix isn't available in Australia yet, and I don't believe they're planning to expand before May next year, so I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD release... Aww man!
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woke up this morning and made this....

Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it .
I keep saying all red is going to look cheesy on tv I dont care what any one says I mean look at The Flash.
They should flip the mask though realistically its easier to evade those pesky face recognition softwares when only your eyes show but with your whole jaw line you be made in sec even with the human eye.
BattlinJackMurdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparison that comes to mind is the Iron Man movie series. Where he builds the first out of scraps in the cave, then was able to build upon that when he got time. Matt probably throws that together when he first decides to be DD, then steps back and perfects it. Having said that, I'm probably in the minority here, but I've always been partial to the yellow.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netflix's Daredevil Won't Be Wearing the Costume You're Expecting
by Kit Simpson Browne

It might not be getting the same level of attention as some of Marvel's upcoming movies - and certainly not as much as May 2015's The Avengers: Age Of Ultron - but Daredevil , Netflix's first entry into the Marvel Cinematic Universe is quietly shaping up to be one of the most exciting projects on its way to our screens.

The most recent news from the show, though, might just ruffle a few fan feathers - seeing as, from the sounds of it, Daredevil might be set to change the hero's costume from his iconic red outfit, to something...a little less conventional.

Specifically...

Daredevil Will Be Wearing Black and Red.

Or, at least, that's what the latest report from ComicUI seems to suggest, with their source revealing that:

"It seems that Matt Murdock will be getting into costume in the series and that costume will be none other than red and black."

Which, fans of the comic will note, sounds an awful lot like a very particular costume from Daredevil's past - his outfit during the Shadowland storyline.

The reason that could be important? That story saw Daredevil cross over with a whole lot of New York's other superheroes (most of whom are also on their way to Netflix) - but as the villain. He had, it turned out, been possessed by a demon, which led him to take over as the head of his sworn enemies: the mystical ninja organization The Hand.

Now, it's entirely possible - and probably downright likely - that any costume change has more to do with the show's producers simply wanting to give the hero a new look.

All the same, it raises the intriguing possibility of a very different sort of plot-line than what we've previously expected for the show - one that could potentially even see Daredevil acting as the villain for Netflix's concluding mini-series, The Defenders...

What do you guys think, though?

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/11/netflix-s-daredevil-won-t-be-wearing-the-costume-you-re-expecting-2500189?lt_source=external,share_twitter,manual
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how I feel. Naturally I've been looking forward to seeing a suit reminiscent of the comics. That's what I've been visualizing and that's what I want to see. I don't mind some creativity. The director has the right to realize his own vision for the character, after all. I just hope it remains somewhat true to what we've come to know. I'll reserve judgement on the costume itself once I see it, but I sincerely hope they don't just throw him in a black jumpsuit.

As far as the Shadowland thing goes, I seriously hope not. That seems like simple speculation anyway. If that article turns out to be correct and they base it off Shadowland, then I think that would be a terrible idea. Not only is that one of the worst received story arcs in the character's history, but using Matt to that end would be extremely disrespectful to the fans who are looking forward to seeing our hero being a hero.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rejecting the idea that it's the Shadowland plot out of hand. That doesn't seem likely and the article gives nothing beyond colors to suggest that. I hope the red and black comments are either exaggerated or mistaken, but we'll have to wait and see.

McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda not feeling it Confused
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not feeling which? The one on the left is just the Man without Fear outfit (I hesitate to even call it a costume). The one on the right is fine with me. Although Matt tends to be more of a snappy dresser, it makes more sense to me like that (plus, being a little more desheveled sells the blind thing a bit more).

Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I can't believe how twisted people are getting about the costume. Of course that's his first outfit, they've already heavily suggested that we'll be seeing the real one later on.

And to think that this might be based of Shadowland is just ridiculous. There is zero chance that they will begin the show with an arc that relies completely on Matt's crazy tortured past.

If the costume is black and red, great. They know what they're doing.
McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
Not feeling which?

this is about the selfmade ninja thing. we saw him in his normal suite before (that looks really on point, by the way), so of course we're talking about the picture on the left, as the name of this thread suggests. and I know that its just his first attempt at a costume (which is fine), but I am starting to feel that we again wont see matt in a red costume that looks like the one in the comics.

I am okay with him wearing his frank miller/man without fear ninja costume, but it seems that this will be what we get for most of the 13 episodes. and there is still no word about a possible second season. the defenders in x- years might be the first time we see him fight crime in a real daredevil outfit. and I think thats unfortunate and I am not feeling this possibility at all..
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts about the whole "Trial Of The Incredible Hulk" costume being used? Kinda the whole idea behind this thread... I like the knowledge that we will be getting an ACTUAL costume, black and red is okay as long as it is based on alternate reality costumes or video game appearances... (don't think it will be Shadowland inspired, personally), but I'd like to see the horns and the DD symbol.

Love to all, and Happy Holidays to the Fans Without Fear.

By the way, I've got 40 x 2002 Spider-Man DD action figures (the Guardian Devil likeness, new in box) to give away (the wife is over it and I just don't have the room to display them anymore). Think I'll work out some kinda competion with Kuljit... Keep you posted!!! PM me if you're a collector... 😜
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: