Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Was Wesley ever a Fighter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Was Wesley ever a Fighter? Reply with quote

Confused

I don't remember much pre-volume 2 but from what I remember Wesley was cowardly and was basically business centric...

In the clip shown for NYCC however Wesley is fighting Daredevil and apparently Matt has a heck of a time beating him.

I guess it's not a major change, but it is kind of weird. I'm worried they are going to make Matt a brawler with no skills again like they did in the movie (which makes no sense given the inclusion of Stick).

Its hard to buy that Matt has any trouble with Wesley at all.

Additionally, the Owl is being played by a very old actor, I doubt he will be in any action scenes at all... Will he have his powers and claws? He is technically a mutant, that's not allowed eh?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the Owl is technically a mutant. I think he's more a product of genetic engineering. That being said, I don't expect him to do any of that in the show given the actor (he really only needs to glide, but even that's pushing it).

I don't recall Wesley fighting at all. A quick search almost suggests that he was only in Born Again. I'm not sure that's right (maybe it's just other similar people since then), but he certainly didn't fight then. But no reason he can't be an effective fighting henchman for this. It'll make his role bigger.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since this show seems to flesh out the screentime of the kingpin, too, I assume the Owl will more or less be Fisks adversary at wall street or something. rival companies and all that. maybe theyll sue each other and try to hire nelson & murdock. I highly doubt that "the owl of wall street" will have any actual superpowers in this show.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wesley is likely a composite character in this series, a cross between Wesley and Larks, they were both assistants to the Kingpin, but Wesley was Kingpin's business assistant in Born Again and Larks was Kingpin's body guard in Man Without Fear, they likely just combined them into one character, comic book adaptions often do that to stream line things for the general audience. Plus business assistants who are also martial artists have been around for a while, having Wesley be a fighter gives him something to do in the series besides take notes at meetings.

As for Owl, I think given Gunton's age, Owl will play the role Alexander Bont or Don Rigoletto played in the comics, the guy was in charge of the underworld before Kingpin displaced him. Since the first season seems to be about Kingpin's rise, it makes sense to show his predecessor and putting Owl in that role makes sense, Owl is the first crime boss DD faced off against in the comics. I doubt Owl will have any over the top powers or be very physical, given Gunton's age, but he will have a commanding presence.
blackbee045
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That being said, I don't expect him to do any of that in the show given the actor (he really only needs to glide, but even that's pushing it).

I don't recall Wesley fighting at all. A quick search almost suggests that he was only in Born Again. I'm not sure that's right (maybe it's just other similar people since then), but he certainly didn't fight then. But no reason he can't be an effective fighting henchman for this. It'll make his role bigger.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory serves, the gliding was the only original ability he had. I agree that's pushing it and would probably come off as out of left field if they did that.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: