Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #11 Preview, Reviews and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #11?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #11 Preview, Reviews and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #11 by Waid, Samnee and Wilson ships December 24th, and here's a preview:

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/gallery/Daredevil-V4-011

Please use this thread for your comments and reviews of the issue!
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, seems like we have the obligatory three pages of sit-comi-ish shenanigans.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue makes reference to Daredevil's first encounter with Hawkeye, which I have not yet read. I'm now interested in finding it, to see how it really went. I'd find it difficult to believe that Hawkeye could get the better of him.

I had issues with Kirsten and Foggy suggesting that Daredevil loses a lot of fights. I've warmed up to the idea of Matt writing a tell-all, because I now see the reason behind it.

The Stunt-Master plot was well-handled. I liked how Matt was acting "above-it-all" when the new Stunt-Master made use of a certain phrase.

But the highlight for me came in the form of a page turn, and then a headline, followed by a large panel of Matt looking out a window. That caught me completely by surprise. Not at all what I expected. I turned back to see if I had missed something. I hadn't. Very powerful stuff.

The reveal at the end was difficult for me to buy into at first, but I guess it makes sense.

I gave this issue a 4.
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Daredevil #99. I got it off of Comixology. It hasn't aged well. (Hawkeye wants to fight DD for Black Widow's love. Matt comes off slightly better in that he recognizes that Natasha will make up her own mind, but it's still a lot of macho posturing for no good reason.)

But it doesn't go down quite that way...

The throwdown happens in two parts. First we have the phosphorous arrow and DD faking its effect:

THEN they meet again in the city where:

So, yes there's a fight, but...
LightningandIce
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. They actually ended the issue with a fade out. Not an actual fade out, but just a caption that said "Fade Out." That is, um, creative...

I finally picked this up today (as well as last months. I'm a bit behind) and I really liked it. There is something about the villain - his methods and motivation - that seems a little off. Maybe a hair too corny, but the actual drama of the issue and the way the plot unfolds is pretty good. I like that it starts as a legal case that leads in to the super heroics. It was intriguing.

Daredevil making his stand on top of the bridge was pretty awesome. I also loved the little advertisement in the beginning. The Charles Atlas thing. That was a brilliant touch.

I have to say that I think the quality is picking up again. I wasn't too fond of the writing at the end of V3 and beginning of V4, but this issue and the Purple Man storyline have picked up again. Let's hope it stays on track.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: