Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Fixed points in Daredevil History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Fixed points in Daredevil History Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this for awhile, but I was inspired by reading Daredevil: Redemption. This article from The Other Murdock Papers has fortuitous timing as well.

In a floating timeline, the passage of time is almost irrelevant. Matt Murdock was in his late 20s, early 30s in the 1960s and is only a little older now. Spider-Man has apparently aged even less (going from High School to College and that was about it). But, nevertheless, Daredevil is portrayed as older than he was when he started. In Redemption, they looked back in time seven years from the Bendis era to find Matt still in his red Daredevil costume, establishing at least seven years of him as a superhero.

So I thought I'd ask this thought experiment. Suppose we take events that can only happen once a year and assume that's the minimal time that has past for Matt Murdock. How many years would have passed? As that link shows, we have three years of Christmas from Nocenti (actually, four years with the flashback issue Of Crowns and Horns). It's possible some of these can be reconciled to be the same year, but that's roughly four. We also have one Christmas during Born Again and apparently one more recently from Volume 3. In addition to this, there's the Christmas party that Micah Synn showed up to and, before that, there's a New Years party (195ish) where Heather Glenn drunkenly revealed that Matt Murdock is Daredevil (but, under the rules of this, it's possible to assume the New Years Party began the year that ended with A Micah Synn Christmas). Finally, I remember the Typhoid Mary storyline having a Fourth of July story.

So I thought I would pool the collective knowledge of Daredevil fans. Can anyone remember other holidays or events that can only happen once a year that have appeared in Daredevil?

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: