Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #12 Preview, Reviews and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #12?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #12 Preview, Reviews and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #12 by Waid, Samnee and Wilson ships January 14th, and here's a preview:

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/gallery/Daredevil-V4-012

Please use this thread for all reviews and discussion on the issue!
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Stuntmaster two-parter turned out to be a good story, and an interesting look at a character that nobody has given much thought in decades. Kudos to Waid for that.

Samnee could have put more detail in some panels so that they looked less rushed. And there were some minor nitpicky things that bothered me throughout the book. For instance: the way Daredevil's radar is picking up Stuntmaster's exhaust smoke on the very first page. The huge amount of slack on Daredevil's billy club cable when he needs the line to be taut when saving someone falling to their death.

Larger issues to me were the narration boxes on the first two pages. They're making an excellent case as to why Daredevil should find what he's doing impossible -- yet all the panels show him doing it. Are we supposed to conclude that he's accomplishing this task through sheer force of will? The caption saying, "But if I don't catch up to the man in front of me... he's going to die," makes a case, but doesn't negate Waid's claim that what he's doing is "utterly impossible." If Daredevil can do this, it's possible for him. If it's an impossible thing for him to do, we shouldn't see him doing it. You can't have it both ways.

Also, it was hard for me to buy into the idea that Daredevil passed the Stuntmaster with the Dodge Charger. I looked at the page a few times to figure out how that happened. Daredevil would have had to slow down to do what he did, while the Stuntmaster wouldn't have had to. And the FUMP sound effect at first made me think that the Stuntmaster rear-ended the Charger. Later on I figured out what the FUMP meant.

As well, I still have problems with Kirsten's character, and I still feel the need to know how Foggy is doing from issue to issue, which doesn't happen this issue.

More good than bad in this issue. I gave it a 3.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story was nonsensical and felt rushed. Voted 1.
I'll elaborate later. maybe.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good story all in all.

I miss "real villains" on DD though. I miss DD being pummeled and being challenged for real!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: