Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Spider-Man now part of Marvel Studios universe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Spider-Man now part of Marvel Studios universe Reply with quote

http://bit.ly/1z34Qvo

Ready for a potential Spidey/Daredevil team-up? Smile

Last edited by Kuljit Mithra on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Spider-Man should probably stay away from Matt.I have a feeling their worlds will be very different.I'd hate to see DD's tone get ruined to fit Spidey's tone.I'm glad Marvel got him back though.
McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind it, but I dont really care either.
Sony still keeps creative control, and producer avi arad is known for his iron grip on his properties and his bad ideas to tinker with the movies. so yeah, not really excited about it, but if this means spider-man wont suck so hard as he did in the last two movies, I am okay with it.

a daredevil team up sounds great in theory, but I dont think it would work tonally.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I like Spider-Man appearing, I don't think it's necessary and, frankly, I'd rather not take away the focus from Daredevil.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Spidey as a guest star in one episode, cause he's in NY or if DD is in the Infinity War movies!
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this show should cross over with the movies. As much as I like Cox as an actor, I don't think anyone on this cast and the roles they represent would translate to the movie franchise. If DD had been a movie or is represented in a movie I think it should be a more well known actor, who could carry a movie if need be. Ben Affleck isn't great, but he does have name recognition and the studio will bank on him. When you get an actor that is not well know or established, you get Cyclops in the X-Men films. A disposable character. I hope there is zero crossover with the films or Agents of SHIELD (which I don't watch).
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, name recognition is often a negative when it comes to Superhero movies. Certainly, Marvel's success with Captain America and Thor did not depend on star power. So that's not a very good point.

Marvel has always been about interconnectivity. If it weren't for that, Kingpin would never be a Daredevil villain. Black Widow wouldn't have been one of his girlfriends (and one of his closest companions), etc. Crossover isn't a bad thing here, whether it's to the movies or Agents of SHIELD. That being said, I wouldn't overdo it, but that doesn't mean it should never be done.

McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
Eh, name recognition is often a negative when it comes to Superhero movies. Certainly, Marvel's success with Captain America and Thor did not depend on star power. So that's not a very good point.

Marvel has always been about interconnectivity. If it weren't for that, Kingpin would never be a Daredevil villain. Black Widow wouldn't have been one of his girlfriends (and one of his closest companions), etc. Crossover isn't a bad thing here, whether it's to the movies or Agents of SHIELD. That being said, I wouldn't overdo it, but that doesn't mean it should never be done.

exactly. even chris pratt, who is now a huge movie star since GOTG, wasnt that well known. charlie cox even appeared in a few more movies than pratt did. and still they decided he should lead that initially very risky franchise (nobody reeeaally anticipated the huge success of GOTG). so yeah, name recognition is definitely not everything in the MCU.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Pratt was part on an ensemble. I knew who Evans was. Not an a-lister but definitely has been a lead for a movie. And, he was in FF. Seriously, most all the marvel heroes have an a-lister. For god's sake, Hawkeye is Renner. I can promise you that if Cox is included is some future Avengers movie, DD will be a throw away character. He'll take a back seat to the stars, which means DD will take a back seat to the other characters. Just as Cyclops was a cinematic zero. I don't see Marvel making a DD stand alone movie as is. And, really Cox is much smaller than what Matt is described as. Look, I just don't see this doing anything for cinematic DD. Hope the show works, but I just have my doubts about films.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evans was an A-lister? People may have knew who he was, but that's not the same thing. And, frankly, a supporting role in Fantastic Four does not make you a household name.

And you didn't address Hemsworth at all. How does he compare to Charlie Cox?

rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike. Please reread my post. I think you missed something.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, I missed something, but I don't think it changes my overall point, particularly since some people know who Cox is just like you knew who Evans was.

But if Hemsworth can carry a movie and have a substantial role in Avengers, Cox could do the same.

Although, frankly, I'd rather he not since I don't really think of Daredevil as an Avenger anyway. I'm just saying there's no reason he couldn't have as important a role.

Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most famous stars were unknown before they become an A-lister. This could be Cox's big break. I personally wouldn't want Cox in avengers because the tone of daredevil doesn't really overlap with that but I wouldn't mind him in something more down to earth like captain america(sometimes) agents of shield( until recently) or black panther. I don't know if Id want DD to meet Spidey yet. I'd have to see the new interpretation of him to see if they could overlap. I do think part of what makes the MCU so much fun is the crossovers. The fact that it is possible that you could have thor or agent coulson showing up in DD is amazing. I wasn't a fan of the last spiderman franchise so hopefully this one is better. From all of the previous movies I have faith that marvel will handle DD well.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time will tell who's right.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, DD and the Avengers should be kept well apart. Plus, I can't imagine Cox wanting to do a whole movie being DD after season one, possibility of future seasons, and the Defenders too.

I'd agree that I don't think his lack of star power has anything to do with it though. Like others have said, Evans and Hemsworth were in similar positions. And even as part of ensemble, actors like Pratt and Hugh Jackman for that matter (I know it's Fox btw) still have to serve as the primary face. Films like Kick Ass and Man of Steel seemed to do pretty well too without any huge names attached.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: