Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Shock Pop Comic Con 2015 Fort Lauderdale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiltman62
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Shock Pop Comic Con 2015 Fort Lauderdale Reply with quote

As I have posted before, I have been very impressed with the amount of cons that have popped up in Florida over the past few years, specifically within driving distance of my residence of Orlando.

Last weekend, I attended a new con, Shock Pop Comic Con in Fort Lauderdale and was able to meet some artists and writers who have done great work on my two favorite characters Daredevil and Spider-man.

My quest to get as many sketches and/or signatures from "Daredevil" (and "Amazing Spider-man") Artists and Writers on blank variants in addition to sketches of DD (and Spider-man) villains to my "collection". During this con, I was able to add 8 such sketches and signatures so it was a very productive event.

I was able to get a very nice DD head sketch from Cully Hamner and signatures from 3 DD writers, Scott Lobdell, Joe Kelly and the writer who I have been waiting to meet at a con for a long time, Gerry Conway. Mr. Conway turned me onto comics years ago as the first comic I ever read was Amazing Spider-man 121 which was the infamous death of Gwen Stacy issue. It was great to finally meet him.

I did not get any new DD villain sketches this time but Spider-man villain-wise I added Green Goblin (Todd Nauck) and Venom (Mike Deodato, Jr.).

If interested in my progress, and to see the great new sketches including the addition of Inhumans, Thor and Captain America blank variants to my "collection', take a look here:

http://daredevilcreators.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: