Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Pics from Empire Magazine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Pics from Empire Magazine Reply with quote

Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you can read the article & the whole magazine:

http://issuu.com/johnjames95/docs/e_2015_04_downmagaz.com/86
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Rosario Dawson the Night Nurse? If so that is pretty cool.

I'm sooooo glad that the black costume will not be the Daredevil costume and we will get the real red one later on in the show. *crosses fingers* I hope they make it look good.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, obviously DD has taken his lumps in the comics. He lives in a gritty world. I remember when the movie came out and MSJ said he had those bruised and battered Matt scenes to show just how hard his life was as a vigilante (you know, the "this ain't Spiderman" line). That's why MSJ had Matt chewing on pain pills, plucking out teeth and looking like a living bruise throughout the film. And, I understand this has to be part of DD (or any hero). But, the overemphasis of this in the movie, and apparently here in the show (Matt with bruises on his face, beat up on the Night Nurse's bed--hope it's not the beginnings of Matt's version of his Green Arrow Team, I'm guessing a sexy computer girl helper is next--and the bloody knuckles in the ad) tells me less about the grittiness of Daredevil, but rather the fact that Matt is bad at this vigilante stuff. I don't know, it's just too over the top, and I think it could end up being annoying after a while. For god's sake, is he having a Born Again-lite moment with the Night Nurse already?? Looking forward to the show, but I just have a feeling it may disappoint me.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born Again-lite. Or the Night Nurse issue from Bendis. Or the end of the Typhoid Mary saga. Or that time he fought the Hulk. Matt ends up in the hospital a lot Wink

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Four times is "a lot."
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one I read recently with Joe Kelly where the Black Widow shot him. That one was interesting because they didn't even do the trope of superhero keeps his mask on when being treated.

Daredevil is a guy with no powers. It makes sense for him to have someone who can treat him. Plus, I kinda suspect Rosario Dawson will be the glue that connects the characters that make up the Defenders (i.e., she won't just be a Daredevil character).

rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I understand that Daredevil is only human. I understand he's going to get his bumps and bruises. But, I just think this angle is overkill. And, as far as I'm concerned, DD doesn't need Night Nurse to be his glue. He doesn't need Team Arrow or Team Flash. It works for those shows, but I don't want to see it in DD. Again, I'm not saying that the show is going to be bad because of this (it it happens), I'm just saying, as a DD fan, it may end up making me think, this isn't working.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel officially released the Empire pics.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24163/matt_murdock_shows_no_fear_in_new_marvels_daredevil_images
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they will be playing this angle, I think in interviews they have said stuff like doing the DD thing is an addiction for Matt.

I like it, he should get beat up a bit, many, many comics (way more than four) have been written showing how he deals with it, the ones stated above, others with meditation, some with ninja magic and even one time with facial creme! Its part of his character to be beaten and get up and keep coming and will be key to the show.

Hopefully every episode doesn't have him losing fights though, and so far no super villains other than Kingpin, thats a bit dissappointing.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Matt does this because he's an adrenaline junkie? Not because of his sense of justice? Wow. Are they adapting Daredevil or not?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not an either/or. The idea that this is a compulsion or addiction is firmly in the comics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: