Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Cartoon???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomam
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Daredevil Cartoon??? Reply with quote

I forgot the name of the former editor that moved on to Marvel animation. I remember him hinting at possibly trying to get a daredevil cartoon going. Do you think that would be a good idea? Perhaps a cartoon with daredevils lighter adversaries: Jester, Stilt-man, the Ani-Men, Leap Frog, etc.
LightningandIce
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it was Bendis. I think it would depend on how it was handled. Obviously it couldn't be as dark as the comics (unless it was an adult cartoon, but good luck with that in the US, as there isn't much mass appeal.) If it was too bright and cheery, though, that would ruin the character. It would have to have a good balance in tone, maybe something along the lines of early nineties stuff like Spider-Man, X-Men, and Batman TAS.
thomam
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Stephen Wacker Reply with quote

It was Stephen Wacker. At the end of Vol. 3 # 36 he said he is moving on to take a job in the Marvel Animation department and something about trying to get Daredevil animated.
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not an animated movie ala the black widow and punished movie?
daredevil vs punished would be a great, and imo successful, animated movie and could be adult themed.
Acerbus
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with the animated movie idea.

DC has hit big with the Dark Knight Returns and Batman: Year One. Both of which are essentially word-for-word / frame-for-frame adaptations of graphic novels. It's sort of bizarre that Daredevil, whose backlog is rife with brilliant graphic novels ready-made for adaptation, isn't being treated likewise by Marvel.

The new wave of interest in the character that will doubtless be generated by the Netflix show seems like an ideal opportunity to adapt one of the classic trades into film format.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: